My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Issues reported elsewhere that I cannot.....

(29 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Replicate:

This gained a bit of coverage on another well known site.

Users reported that after being away for over a week on return they found their HDR's had stopped recording after 8 days.

One of my units placed into standby 10 am Sat 25 June.
    Brought out of standby a few minutes ago 15:40 Sun 10 July - therefore over 15 days in standby.

Everything has recorded, up to and including the F1 Race just finished, with exception of broadcaster changes (wimbledon)

All timers have updated correctly.

Edit: and something I really should have mentioned, a quick scan through the EPG when I brought it out of standby found no gaps, full EPG available.

Those experiencing the problem need to look closer to home, receiving from 2 transmitters/regions might be a reason.

| Sun 10 Jul 2011 15:49:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ejstubbs

Sorry Barry, I'm going to disagree with you on this one. I was away for two weeks last month and my HDR behaved in exactly the way that others have reported ie no series links after the first week. The obvious example was Springwatch which recorded four programmes on BBC HD the first week, up to and including the Thursday night one, but recorded nothing the following week. I can categorically state that it was not tuned in to two transmitters as I had tuned it manually to the correct mux frequencies from Black Hill myself.

| Sun 10 Jul 2011 20:47:12 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Can only tell it as I witness it, users who suffer the problem will have to dig deeper then to find the reason.

I should add that I carried out 2 x 8 Day tests prior to this, but
    I decided that a longer period was required to be confident of my findings. The 8 Day tests were also OK.

I find it strange only a very small number of users have witnessed this behaviour, given the number of T2's now out there.

| Sun 10 Jul 2011 21:19:38 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Does this box have the same bug as the Foxsat HDR used to regarding its failure to recover from a power cut fully thus losing the current date and time?

| Sun 10 Jul 2011 22:04:49 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

gomezz - 59 minutes ago  » 
    Does this box have the same bug as the Foxsat HDR used to regarding its failure to recover from a power cut fully thus losing the current date and time?

Nope

Further info as I see this is still getting coverage.

My timers list, all series record items, consisted of weekday and weekly programmes, some 21 timers in total, SD and HD.

| Sun 10 Jul 2011 23:04:51 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

ejstubbs - 1 day ago  » 
    Sorry Barry, I'm going to disagree with you on this one. I was away for two weeks last month and my HDR behaved in exactly the way that others have reported ie no series links after the first week. The obvious example was Springwatch which recorded four programmes on BBC HD the first week, up to and including the Thursday night one, but recorded nothing the following week. I can categorically state that it was not tuned in to two transmitters as I had tuned it manually to the correct mux frequencies from Black Hill myself.

Well I have just made a trawl through the thread elsewhere.

Can only find 3 users who are reporting a problem, and you yourself (if the same ejstubbs) posted that both the transmitters you can receive went through different phases of DSO whilst you were away.

If any members suffer this problem then please report:

1. Transmitter.
    2. How long the unit was in standby for.
    3. Last programme successfully recorded - prog name and channel.
    4. The error message reported with the first failed recording if possible, again with prog name and channel.

Edit as more info has now become available.

5. Using AutoPadding or AR

| Mon 11 Jul 2011 22:19:06 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ejstubbs

Barry - 11 hours ago  » Well I have just made a trawl through the thread elsewhere.
    Can only find 3 users who are reporting a problem, and you yourself (if the same ejstubbs) posted that both the transmitters you can receive went through different phases of DSO whilst you were away.

If any members suffer this problem then please report:
    1. Transmitter.
    2. How long the unit was in standby for.
    3. Last programme successfully recorded - prog name and channel.
    4. The error message reported with the first failed recording if possible, again with prog name and channel.

The HDR was tuned to Black Hill only. I had manually tuned it to the Black Hill muxes, there was no trace of any Craigkelly mux on the box.

We were away for 14 days from Saturday 4th June. Black Hill went through the first phase of DSO on the Tuesday after we left (7th June). So after that date the BBC mux was on a different UHF channel, but the others - including the HD mux - were unchanged. Black Hill didn't go through the second phase of DSO until after we got back.

The box successfully recorded Springwatch on BBC HD after the first phase of DSO, on Tuesday 7th, Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th. It also recorded Desperate Housewives on Channel 4 HD on Wednesday 8th. Both programmes were on series link, but did not record the following week.

There were no failed recordings with errors, they just didn't happen. The implication is that the recordings were never scheduled.

This seems to me to be completely consistent with the box not updating its EPG while recording in standby. The EPG entries for the Springwatch and Desperate Housewives episodes which did record would have been present from the last time the box was out of standby ie Friday 3rd June. The EPG entries for the following week's episodes should have been available when the box was successfully recording the episodes in the first week we were away. For some reason either those later EPG entries do not seem to have been downloaded or - if they were downloaded - were not correctly series-linked.

I suspect that the reason not many people have reported this problem is, as suggested on the thread on the other forum, because not people don't stay away from home for more than a week very often.

It's been reported on the other forum by users RobH1, terryb, me and af12345 (who reported it to Humax). It's also been reported on yet another forum by user RogerEvans, and the response from user OwenSmith suggested that he might also have seen the problem.

It's not a show-stopper IMO because there is a fairly obvious and easy workaround. But a fix would be nice (if only to take that supercilious grin off the face of the other forum's persistent Humax-knocker for a minute or two...)

| Tue 12 Jul 2011 10:40:21 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just a suggestion, does the box boot to BBC1 or any other channel in the same mux (including the overnight housekeeping boot). If it does and it moved channel then it's not suprising the epg did not update.

| Tue 12 Jul 2011 11:14:01 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ejstubbs

Are you saying that the EPG is only on the BBC mux? I was under the impression that all muxes carried the EPG, for all channels. More than happy to be corrected!

| Wed 13 Jul 2011 11:26:16 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ejstubbs - 1 hour ago  » 
    Are you saying that the EPG is only on the BBC mux? I was under the impression that all muxes carried the EPG, for all channels. More than happy to be corrected!

Not at all, but if the default is Mux 1(The obvious choice as it's accessible to all transmitters) and it changes uhf channels there's going to be a problem. It's only a theory not yet a fact :-). Similary if you recorded a mux 1 channel and the box then defaulted to mux 1 at the next scheduled recording with an intermediate uhf channel change again there would be no epg.

| Wed 13 Jul 2011 12:33:12 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.