1. gomezz

gomezz

special member

On my Foxsat HDR I see there are four ITV HD regions as follows

5525 ITV HD London
    5526 ITV HD Granada
    5527 ITV HD ?
    5528 ITV HD ?

The latter two do not have any EPG info so I cannot tell for sure which is Meridian South and which is Central West. Can anyone help me with that?

More generally I do no seem able to find a reliable source of information for channel numbers on the Freesat platform for non-Freesat channel identifiers. ie the 5525 etc numbers. All the sources give the tuning information and Sky platform numbers which do not correspond. Any ideas?

| Tue 25 Mar 2014 12:10:02 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The channel numbers are arbitary and depend on the order they are scanned into non-freesat mode they can be anything and changed to anything you want (within the 5000+ range). The latter two are not yet in the Freesat epg but rumoured to appear soon. The broadcast data does not contain any logical channel numbers only a station identifier. The relevant epg relates a lcn to the station sid.

Easiest way in the abscence of the sid (station identifier) simply watch or record the channel at 18:00 and see what regional news channel you get.

| Tue 25 Mar 2014 12:18:16 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Thanks for explaining that. I did not know that those numbers were allocated in non-Freesat scan order.

| Tue 25 Mar 2014 12:33:18 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.