My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

ITV player missing plus some other channels

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Trev H

Exhaustive check reveals missing channels are spread across TP C and D, both H and V.

| Thu 1 Aug 2013 10:57:09 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev H - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Exhaustive check reveals missing channels are spread across TP C and D, both H and V.

Not sure what you mean by C and D. 28.2E have numbers. If you quote transponder frequency and polarisation that will help.

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

List of Freesat channels by transponder here. (HTML or Excel)

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=1698F958AF9ACDA4&id=1698F958AF9ACDA4%21105

The static versions are what you need.

| Thu 1 Aug 2013 11:30:02 #12 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

REPASSAC - 2 days ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm curious as to how a faulty LNB could cause ITV Player to fail?
    Possible I guess, but I don't understand it.

freesat have stated that 4OD was the first implementation of a HTML5 on-demand service. If the others are not then I guess they are MHEG which, if they are the same as the foxsat, require the brief use of a channel to download the MHEG code which then uses the internet to download the programme.
    Have a look at the EPG from 900 - do you see 4OD?

I believe that at the moment it's only BBCiPlayer, 4OD and YouTube that are using HTML5 at this time.

| Thu 1 Aug 2013 11:47:47 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Following Repassac's logic suggests that BBC iPlayer is not html5 since it is on ch 901.

| Thu 1 Aug 2013 12:31:08 #14 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Pollensa1946 - 9 hours ago  » 
    Following Repassac's logic suggests that BBC iPlayer is not html5 since it is on ch 901.

My mistake, actually whereas ITV player is MHEG based on 903, BBCiPlayer is using Adobe Flash, but it doesn't actually use channel 901.
    You can see this yourself by going to the on demand menu, select itv player and you see the display change to 903 before displaying itv player. Selecting BBCiPlayer the display remains on the current viewed channel.
    Manually selecting 901 starts to load up the MHEG version and then asks you to press red to start which then loads up the adobe flash version of iplayer.

| Thu 1 Aug 2013 22:09:52 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

johns

I cannot see ITV player via freetime or channel number. On my previous FoxsatHDR I could access ITV player via a channel number situated just beside BBC iplayer, but on my new HDR 1000S that channel is missing. On the freetime channel guide the 'earlier' ITV programmes are greyed out and you cannot select them.
    ON my previous Humax box I used to connect to iplayer & ITV player via an ethernet cable to my BT infinity box, and have re-attached same cable but I am not sure it does anything.
    Surely features such as ITV player should be an autoamtic aquisition by the box when I set up. I shouldn't need to think about transponders, etc.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 12:40:52 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

johns - 37 minutes ago  » 
    I cannot see ITV player via freetime or channel number.

You've got an answer to this in your other identical post...
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/itv-player-picture-quality#post-21694

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 13:19:20 #17 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

johns - 40 minutes ago  » 
    I cannot see ITV player via freetime or channel number. On my previous FoxsatHDR I could access ITV player via a channel number situated just beside BBC iplayer, but on my new HDR 1000S that channel is missing. On the freetime channel guide the 'earlier' ITV programmes are greyed out and you cannot select them.
    ON my previous Humax box I used to connect to iplayer & ITV player via an ethernet cable to my BT infinity box, and have re-attached same cable but I am not sure it does anything.
    Surely features such as ITV player should be an autoamtic aquisition by the box when I set up. I shouldn't need to think about transponders, etc.

What postcode are you using?
    Have you tried a different postcode? As a test try CT117AT and see if ITV player shows up.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 13:23:28 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.