My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Itv player picture quality

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

woka77

Hi all

On the Humax 1000s you have the on demand option which is great but I find that the picture quality is awful on the itv player it looks like an old VHS recording but all the others are fine like BBC, 4OD & 5 Demand. So is it my humax box or do I need to change something in settings section

Thx All

| Mon 14 Oct 2013 17:13:18 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

What you need to do it march down to ITV Headqaurters and demand they update their crappy MHEG version of ITVPlayer to a more up to date version instead.
    Joking aside, it's not you or your box and nothing you can do to improve it as until itv give us a better version of the player, we just have to put up with it in afraid.

| Mon 14 Oct 2013 17:19:29 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Seconded, itv player is and always has been very poor.

| Mon 14 Oct 2013 18:02:25 #3 |
  4. chrisund123

chrisund123

Agreed. ITV player looks like it was filmed with a camera phone.

The first camera phone.

| Thu 24 Oct 2013 11:33:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

johns

I cannot see ITV player via freetime or channel number. On my previous FoxsatHDR I could access ITV player via a channel number situated just beside BBC iplayer, but on my new HDR 1000S that channel is missing. On the freetime channel guide the 'earlier' ITV programmes are greyed out and you cannot select them.
    And yes, I have to agree, the ITV player picture is crap anyway.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 11:02:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

ITV Player is not available in Scottish or NI postcodes because of a broadcasting rights dispute between STV, UTV and ITV.
    Are you in one of those areas? If so, that's the problem.
    You could change to an English postcode but that would remove your BBC and ITV localisation of channels.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 11:06:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

johns

I have a Dumfries postcode which is in the Border TV rather than the STV area and get the ITV regional channels including ITV HD. Up until two weeks ago I could get the ITV player on my previous humax box.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 17:30:53 #7 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

johns - 34 minutes ago  » 
    I have a Dumfries postcode which is in the Border TV rather than the STV area and get the ITV regional channels including ITV HD. Up until two weeks ago I could get the ITV player on my previous humax box.

Try a different postcode as that's what your problem is. As I said in the other thread in reply to your post, as a test try CT117AT and you'll find that itv player works fine.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 18:08:41 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

-gonzo- - 6 hours ago  » 

Try a different postcode as that's what your problem is. As I said in the other thread in reply to your post, as a test try CT117AT and you'll find that itv player works fine.

Only try this alternative postcode if you don't mind your BBC stations being messed up. Personally I'd rather have BBC working properly and do without the Itv player.
    Of course you shouldn't have to make a choice, it should just work, but it doesn't.

| Sun 3 Nov 2013 0:58:27 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sorbiegunnerou - 9 hours ago  » 

-gonzo- - 6 hours ago  » 

Only try this alternative postcode if you don't mind your BBC stations being messed up. Personally I'd rather have BBC working properly and do without the Itv player.
    Of course you shouldn't have to make a choice, it should just work, but it doesn't.

You can move any of the BBC SD regional variants to 101 and 102 irrespective of which postcode you use. There is a customise channels option to do this.

| Sun 3 Nov 2013 10:58:54 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.