My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

ITV1 HD - Channel 0965

(7 posts)
  1. savvy

savvy

Anyone seen this?

I've got 2 recordings scheduled at 20:00 tonight:-
    BBC1 HD Eastenders (Series Link)
    ITV2 Cube Celebrity Special (Single Instance)

Wanted to also record the Alan Titchnmarsh Prog Love your Garden on ITV1 HD on Series Link so thought I'd see what it offered when it found the clash.

It offered an alternate instance of the Garden prog at the same time on 0965 ITV1 HD, so I accepted it.

Looking in Schedule, it has actually moved the Cube to ITV2 +1 at 2100, but still shows the garden prog on Channel 0965.

I'm on Granada region with a Manchester postcode.

We'll see what happens at 20:00 !!

| Fri 10 Jun 2011 18:00:52 #1 |
  2. savvy

savvy

Just me then?

Update :-

1. Love your Garden recorded OK on ITV1 HD at 20:00
    2. Love your Garden "info" in Media shows 0965 ITV1 HD
    3. Series timer for next week shows the correct channel 119 ITV1 HD
    4. BBC1 HD Eastenders also recorded OK at 20:00
    5. At 21:00, the Conflict box popped up showing 2 other progs recording at 21:00 (Which I'd forgotten about and had assumed no conflict due to the alternates chosen), offering to cancel the new recording of the Cube Special on ITV2+1, which I had to accept.

Odd one this - it appears that one half of the software dealing with the schedule clashes thought it had successfully resolved the schedules (but it hadn't as last night it believed it had resolved them by scheduling this spurious 0965 channel recording of ITV1 HD, but had actually moved the ITV2 recording to ITV2+1 without seeming to register that fact). The conflict detection part of the software at recording time obviously correctly detected the clashes and popped the box up).

I haven't seen the HDR caught out this way for a long time, perhaps back when the BBC were messing about with Regional Variation codes which caused it to think it was recording multiple versions of the same prog on different BBC channels (which from memory, Humax helped to sort out with the introduction of 1.00.13?)

I've tried to replicate this scenario today by setting various combinations of schedules for BBC1 HD, ITV2, ITV1 HD, but it now correctly deals with the clash by offering the correct alternative of ITV2+1 in the clash box. I can't force it to find this strange 0965 ITV1 channel now. Perhaps it was the CRID/Event IDs on one of those progs last night that was corrupt, one-time only error.

| Sat 11 Jun 2011 10:18:23 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Les, not seen anything like thisa in dual cable mode, not sure if this is related but in single cable mode if the ITV1-HD channel you want to record is not avaialble to to polarisation then the alternate is offered as 965.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/update-log-for-recordwatch-apps/page/4?quote=201#postform

| Mon 13 Jun 2011 10:54:27 #3 |
  4. savvy

savvy

Hi Graham, thanks for the response. So I'm not the first to see 965, thought I was going bonkers at first

Just did the test for 2 cables/tuners, and all working OK, so on rare combinations it must do the same as single cable, but it definitely messed up the clash detector so doing it.

Cheers.

Les.

| Mon 13 Jun 2011 19:19:34 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Les if you can reproduce the problem I would love to try it. The first time I saw the original posting it confused the hell out of me. It was from a user with a single cable connection and they were able to record an impossible combination. ie One channel in low band vertical/horizontal and ITV1-HD from the opposite polarisation and quoting 0965 (and it recorded). Thanks to Barry and his multiple hdrs :-), he confirmed it really worked

It that what's called an Easter Egg

| Mon 13 Jun 2011 19:46:35 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

This thread is details the single cable tests I carried out for Graham:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/access-to-both-itv1-hd-channels-with-a-single-cable

| Mon 13 Jun 2011 20:15:04 #6 |
  7. savvy

savvy

Thanks Graham & Barry,

Try as I might, using the same combinations of channels that gave me the "anomaly" in the first place, I can't replicate it again

Be assured, I'll report if it ever does happen again

Rgds.

Les.

| Wed 15 Jun 2011 9:57:31 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.