My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Just joined and network question

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MuggeMax

Hi there. Just joined. Bought the HD Fox T2 and been able to connect my hard-drive and record HD video. Excellent.

Now just trying to work out how to connect to my computer. I have connected the T2 to my computer via a Switch (without internet connection) but am not sure what to do next to see folders on my PC (which I presume is possible). Any suggestions would be most welcome!

| Sun 4 Dec 2011 16:58:16 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Normally you should connect all to your router.
    It is necessary to share the folders on your PC for them to appear on ehe network.

| Sun 4 Dec 2011 18:30:56 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

If you are not using a router and therefore not using DHCP you will need to set static IP addresses on both the PC and Fox T2. They should both be in the range 192.168.x.y where x can be 0 to 255 and should be the same for both units and y can be between 1 and 253 but should be different for each.

Should you connect to a router just use DHCP for both.

| Tue 6 Dec 2011 22:12:35 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Frosty

Hi, just a bit of info that may help. I'm still using a USB modem (not router), so when I used a switch and subsequently a cross-over cable I could connect the box to the PC but not connect to the www to download packages for the custom firmware - you may also need to enable internet-sharing for the Humax connection to get it on-line.

| Wed 7 Dec 2011 12:17:48 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MuggeMax

Thank you for advice. Will try static IP address on my PC. Which button on the Humax remote will get me access to my PC? Should it come up in the media section or TV Portal?

| Wed 7 Dec 2011 17:51:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MuggeMax

I'm still having trouble to see my PC through the Humax. I know it should come up under the 'media' button, but it doesn't. I can connect fine to the Internet with both the Humax and the PC, but they don't seem to be seeing each other. Could this have something to do with my HomeNetwork settings? I'm using Windows 7. E.g. does the Humax work with 128-Encryption?

| Fri 9 Dec 2011 14:46:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MuggeMax - 59 minutes ago  » 
    Could this have something to do with my HomeNetwork settings?

Is UPnP enabled in your router?

| Fri 9 Dec 2011 15:48:22 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MuggeMax

I am not using a router. I live at College and am plugged into the College network via an Enthernet switch. So I have one cable coming out of the wall (College network connection) which goes into the switch, one cable between the switch and the Humax, and one between the switch and the PC.

| Fri 9 Dec 2011 16:21:25 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

What make and model of switch (some are known not to properly support UPnP)?

| Fri 9 Dec 2011 18:41:02 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

MuggeMax

Martin Liddle - 22 hours ago  » 
    What make and model of switch (some are known not to properly support UPnP)?

It is a TP-Link TL-SG1005D which, according to my research, should work fine with UPnP.

| Sat 10 Dec 2011 16:53:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.