My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Keep Missing End of Programmes

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reginald

Hi there,

I thought this would be a more common problem but I can only find one other post on it. We are finding more and more often that we are missing the end of recorded programmes on our Foxsat HDR because the recording has stopped too soon. I don't know if it's just bad luck or something to do with the particular programmes/channels we are recording.

We have tried changing the Auto end timer setting to +1 or 2 minutes (or whatever the options are), but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I am also pretty sure that it isn't happening due to a recording conflict.

A good example of this is "The Invaders" series that we are recording on the Horror channel. I don't think we have ever seen the end of an episode. It also happens with "Morse", "Lewis" and other similar two hour programmes we watch, which is very annoying after you've sat through two hours only to miss the crucial ending!

Is there any answer to this?

Thanks.

| Mon 24 Mar 2014 8:59:03 #1 |
  2. Davy

Davy

special member

Why not set the end times to plus 5 or plus 10 mins and see what happens?

| Mon 24 Mar 2014 12:42:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reginald

Tried "3 minutes after" setting and it made no difference. The Invaders recording ended after exactly 60 minutes like it always does and cut the end off. We did have another recording starting immediately afterwards on another channel, but there were no conflict warnings like you usually get when you try to record and watch too many programmes at the same time.

In any case, what does the "x minutes after" setting actually mean? Is it x minutes after the auto stop time or after the scheduled finish time?

Thanks.

| Tue 25 Mar 2014 8:06:03 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Reginald - 2 hours ago  » 
    Tried "3 minutes after" setting and it made no difference. The Invaders recording ended after exactly 60 minutes like it always does and cut the end off. We did have another recording starting immediately afterwards on another channel, but there were no conflict warnings like you usually get when you try to record and watch too many programmes at the same time.
    In any case, what does the "x minutes after" setting actually mean? Is it x minutes after the auto stop time or after the scheduled finish time?
    Thanks.

Auto padding adjusts the scheduled recording times. Note if a second recording on the same channel is scheduled the padding will be dropped at the end of the first recording and the beginning of the second. In this case you may find the missing bit at the beginning of the second recording.

I would leave the recording start and end options at auto and for the channels that don't implement proper accurate recording by setting a manual recording reservation.

Set a one off recording in the usual way. Locate the recording in the schedule.

Try this

Using the remote press schedule and then red

tap in 138 to move to the horror channel

Use the skip keys to locate the recording you want to make

Press OK and set a one off recording.

Press schedule and move to this recording

Press Yellow - adjust start and end times to whatever you want and and select a suitable repeat pattern for a recording that's part of a series.

The recording should follow the times and repeat patterns exactly.

| Tue 25 Mar 2014 10:28:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reginald

Thanks for the tip, I didn't even know you could do that!

Regards,
    Reg.

| Tue 25 Mar 2014 11:28:16 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.