My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Logitech Harmony remote - 2 Humax boxes

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

soverson

Hi All,
    I've taken the plunge recently and got the basic BT Youview box (DB T2200) in addition to the HDR2000T that we already use.
    In common with a few other previous threads on this forum, we now have the remote signal clash, in that the remote controls both Humax devices.
    In addition, we also use a Logitech Harmony 650 to control all our devices.
    I have seen the 'trick' to enable me to set the HDR to use a different remote 'channel' to the T2200, by pressing OK and 0 together and setting the channel to (e.g.) 2 instead of the default 1.
    My question is, how will the Logitech handle the HDR signals given that it is now on a new frequency? Will I need to delete the HDR from my Logitech set-up and re-install it as a new device? If so, will it recognise all of the standard commands from its database, or will I need to use 'learn' mode and program every single key individually?
    I'm hoping that somebody here has already been through this and can confirm what happens?
    Apologies as this would probably be more appropriate on the Logitech forum, but I've come here first as I've solved many of the HDR problems in the past year by coming here!
    Thanks guys.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 10:10:58 #1 |
  2. Wallace

Wallace

special member

I have three Humax HDR's, two of which are in daily use sat under the TV. I also have a Harmony 785.

After changing the remote modes for each HDR (HDR one is mode 1 and the other is mode 2), I had to set the second HDR on my Harmony as a new (separate) device and simply used the Logitech software to learn the 'new codes'.

It is very tedious, but the benefit is well worth the effort.

I do have to say that it was many years ago that I did this. But once it's done, it's done!

I call one unit Humax [Orange] and the other Humax [Green]. My working spare is boxed up and in my wardrobe, but that's Humax [Purple].

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 10:42:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

First thing to do is set up the 2nd box to the 2nd R/C channel. I really struggled with this bit, took me about 20 minutes, not too sure whether it was my poor timing or fat fingers, but got there eventually.
    With the first box already set up with Harmony, I simply added the 2nd box as another device and somehow it worked, can't remember if there was an option for different R/C channels or whether it learnt it from one on/off power press from the 2nd R/C, it was a long time ago. Unlike Wallace I didn't have to learn/teach all the buttons and like the OP I was wondering how it was going to work at first, but it did. I have a 785 and a 555 and both control multiple humaxes in different rooms

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 11:03:27 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

When I set up my 555 to control both my Foxsat HDR (codeset 2) and Youview box (codeset 1) I did not need to teach it any of the standard(*) codes as the Harmony database has these fully set up. The other four codesets are apparently only set up with minimal basic functionality.

(*) There is a secret code for the Youview box to take you straight to the MyView menu which needed setting up manually using information gleaned by an dedicated user - sadly, the info on this got lost when Youview changed forum software.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 22:08:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

gomezz - 47 minutes ago  » 
    (*) There is a secret code for the Youview box to take you straight to the MyView menu which needed setting up manually using information gleaned by an dedicated user - sadly, the info on this got lost when Youview changed forum software.

Is this the thread?

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/myview_and_on_demand_remote_control_codes?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all

I haven't read through it, not owning a Harmony 555 or a YouView box.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 22:57:57 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

That's the jobby. To add to what I said in there the Myview/Recordings code works more reliably on my new G4 box than it did with my old (now defunct - both of them) DTR-1000. Which suggest to me it is a timing issue which the faster G4 rarely hits.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 23:18:02 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

soverson

OK, half an hour on the PC and I've got it cracked. Here's what to do for anyone that has the same problem. Please note that it is not possible to change the remote frequency on the Youview box, so it has to be done on the HDR2000
    1. Change remote frequency of HDR2000: make sure this is the only box powered on, then, using the original Humax remote, press and hold the OK button swiftly followed by the zero button, holding both down for about 5 seconds until a message is displayed on screen
    2. Press the no. 2 button, which changes the remote frequency to 2
    3. On PC, login to MyHarmony software
    4. Go into Devices from left hand menu
    5. Select the device for the Humax HDR icon
    6. Click on Change Device Settings
    7. Click on Device Version
    8. On the next screen, you will be prompted to get your Humax remote, and connect the Harmony remote to the PC by USB
    9. Once connected, you need to align the Humax remote at the base of the Harmony remote, then when prompted press the Power On/off button on the Humax remote. This is enough to tell the Harmony that the Humax is now transmitting on channel 2 instead of channel 1. You don't need to map any further buttons, as all existing buttons / mappings on the Harmony remote will remain as they were, and will work as before, just on Channel 2.
    10. Sync Harmony remote to save the new settings on the device

That's all folks.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 23:39:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I've never been able to get on with these universal type remotes - my mind just simply won't compute. I have to have all 5 seperate remotes laid out on the coffee table.

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 12:52:41 #8 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

How many times do you drop a remote control on the floor while juggling them? To be fair, as well as my 555 I also keep my Foxsat HDR remote to hand as that allows me basic control of the TV and AV amp which can be less of a hassle than temporarily switching the 555 into device mode. Taped the small remote for my HDMI/TOS switch to the back of it too for when the 555 gets confused as to which source it is supposed to be switched to.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 9:58:40 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

soverson

Well, thought I had it cracked, but not so. I've been running the Youview box set to high Eco mode so it uses less power in standby.
    The power on signal from the HDR2000 remote activates the Youview as well, despite the HDR remote being set to channel 2. The same happens on channels 3 through to 6. If the Youview box hasn't yet gone in to a deep sleep (ie within 10 minutes or so of going into standby) the HDR2000 doesn't activate it, as would be expected given that they are on different channels.
    My solution for the time being is to leave the Youview box in low Eco mode now (light remains purple, rather than going to red).
    Has anybody else with a similar setup noticed this problem? As mentioned in the first post, the Youview box is a relatively new model, being the non-recording version DB T2200. It just seems to be the power on command from a deep sleep, which is universal irrespective of which channel the HDR remote has been set to.
    Thanks once again.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 22:24:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.