My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Looping ads In backward EPG

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

KennyB

I am having issues with the backward EPG.

BBC and ITV are both okay.

Channel 4. Programs will not load. Checking the router shows that no data is being transferred.

Channel 5. Select a program, it starts to load, the ads start playing. Sometimes an ad will keep on looping, that is to say it will finish, then jump back to the start and play again. This might only happen the once and then move onto the next ad and if I'm lucky finally get to watch the program.
    The worst offender is the "Pringles" ad which never seems to stop looping. I have to give up.

Download speed. >11Mb/s
    Connected to router by ethernet cable
    Software version 2.00.09

| Tue 22 Apr 2014 11:34:12 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Do you get the same result if you access 4OD and Demand 5 directly from the on demand menu?

| Tue 22 Apr 2014 12:01:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

KennyB

Thanks.

Will try this evening or tomorrow morning and report back.

| Tue 22 Apr 2014 12:13:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

KennyB

Did as suggested and accessed 4OD and Demand 5 directly from the on demand menu, but exhibited the exact same problems.
    Everything else works without a hitch. even YouTube.

Did a factory default and started from scratch, but still no luck.

| Tue 22 Apr 2014 21:55:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

catinaz

Channel 5. Select a program, it starts to load, the ads start playing. Sometimes an ad will keep on looping, that is to say it will finish, then jump back to the start and play again. This might only happen the once and then move onto the next ad and if I'm lucky finally get to watch the program.

Some time ago I wanted to watch "New life in the Wilde" 1st series and had the same. Was puzzled at first, then, after watching an episode I had realized that no ads played during play back. That is - whole of the episode went without interruption. But 2nd series was playing "normal" - ads in the beginning and another 3 or 4 during episode. I came to the conclusion, that for what ever reason 1st series was "bunching" all the ads at the beginning, and leaves the rest of it "ads free". As for "Pringles" since, I take, the program you wanted to watch was sponsored by them and it gets played before and after ad brake, and there are 4 - 5 of them, it gives you (2x4; 2x5) 8 or 10 of them. Myne was "Sponsored by Royal Air Force" - 8 times.

| Wed 23 Apr 2014 22:21:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

just wanted to confirm this isn't a Humax problem, similar happened on a Huawei box with Channel 5, Premmiere Inn advert was virtually impossible to get through, took about 20 minutes! On recollection there was a green icon button to press during the advert for more marketing information - this I assume was causing the problem.
    In my opinion C5, C4 and ITV are complete rubbish for picture quality (PQ) and service as far as catch up TV goes, C5 even manage rubbish PQ on live tv, they're like night and day compared to iplayer which consistently works for me.
    I'm glad to see you tried a factory default reset, this tends to cure most problems when a reboot hasn't.
    It's ironic that it's quite a chore to watch the poor quality C5 and ITV in the first place without C5 making it virtually impossible with buggy adverts. Whenever I see Premmiere Inn I immediatley think of the 20 minutes torture I had trying to get through their advert on C5 catch up tv - not quite what their marketing dept. had in mind I guess

| Thu 24 Apr 2014 0:45:04 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

KennyB - 1 day ago  » 
    Did as suggested and accessed 4OD and Demand 5 directly from the on demand menu, but exhibited the exact same problems.
    Everything else works without a hitch. even YouTube.
    Did a factory default and started from scratch, but still no luck.

Complete waste of time doing factory defaults as the box is only showing what the 4OD and Demand 5 servers are telling it to. The issue is at the broadcaster end so your best bet would be to contact their on demand departments to complain about the problem.

| Thu 24 Apr 2014 8:15:30 #7 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Freesat have replicated the issue which seems to only be affecting the HB model.
    http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/Help-and-advice/Demand5-playing-adverts-in-continuing-loop/td-p/15799/page/5

| Tue 3 Jun 2014 13:21:01 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

KennyB

I don't think Humax are going to accept its the HB-1000S.

Received in response from an email I sent to Humax:-

Hi Ken,

Thank you for contacting Humax Support.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with the Demand 5 player. If this is only happening on this one player, I would recommend contacting Channel 5 so they can trouble-shoot this with you and try and resolve the problem. You can find their contact details just below:

Channel 5 including Demand 5 & Milkshake
    Tel No. 0208 612 7700 or 0345 705 0505
    Email: customerservices@channel5.com
    Opening times: Mon to Thur: 9:00am to 6:00pm, Fri: 9:00am to 5:00pm

Best Regards,

Andrew

Humax Customer Support

| Tue 3 Jun 2014 14:19:23 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

KennyB

Received in response from an email I sent to Channel 5:-

Date: 6th June 2014

Dear Ken

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding Demand 5. We apologise for the delay in responding.

We have been unable to replicate the issue with the adverts on this facility described in your e-mail. However, we have made the Demand 5 technical team aware of the problem you have described and would be grateful if you could let us know if you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you for your interest in Channel 5.

Yours sincerely

Terry
    VIEWER ADVISOR

Please note that the contact details for Channel 5 Customer Services are as follows:

Telephone: 0345 7 05 05 05 / 020 8612 7700
    E-mail: customerservices@five.tv
    Fax: 020 8612 7686

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 15:48:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.