My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Loss of BBC 1 and 2 and BBC HD

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike G

Hi All

I live in SW France and use my Humax Box to watch English TV.

This morning I find that I have lost BBC 1,2, and the corresponding HD channels. However I can still watch all other channels and BBC news channel.I have read that today Astra has realigned its satellite and this could be the cause,however several friends,in the same area have not been affected. Can anyone assist. Thanks

Mike G

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 10:16:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

What size dish do you have vs the size they have?

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 10:20:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike G

Hi

Until recently had an 80cm dish, but had it replaced by a 65cm one. Worked fine until this morning.Friends have a mixture of the two sizes

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 10:26:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

An immediate assumption would be you need a bigger dish for your location. Have a look here...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/news_item25.html

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 11:07:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike G

Thanks for quick reply.

I checked the site you indicated. It seems to show that I should not be able to receive or should never have been able to receive anything.I live south and west of the coloured segments.I can receive everything I could before except the London area BBC programmes. I have clicked through and found I can receive BBC Scotland and Wales.So it doesn't seem to be a signal strength problem.Both inputs on the box show signal strength as good. Hope this helps

MikeG

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 12:55:17 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The reason you can continue to receive the regional BBC pgms is, if you read the info in the link, that they have not moved.
    Personally, I think you have a reception problem. This is based on my knowledge/experience of reception in Mallorca and the Canaries, where many UK channels can be received with good signal strength, but not the mainstream channels. Also my son in Erfurt Germany immediately lost Ch5 and its associated channels at the start of this satellite migration last year, and has always had problems with Ch4.
    However, if you arrive at a different conclusion please let this forum know.

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 13:24:29 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

truckerbob

Mike G - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi
    Until recently had an 80cm dish, but had it replaced by a 65cm one. Worked fine until this morning.Friends have a mixture of the two sizes

Definitely need a bigger dish. The BBC channels were moved to 2E earlier today. Many south of your location have lost the signal on 1.37 dishes. In Cyprus even 3 mtr dishes have kissed UK tv goodbye....

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 14:29:38 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

truckerbob

9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike G

Hi All

Thanks for all your info.

It would appear that the concesus is I need a bigger dish.

I am about 40miles south of Bordeaux does anybody know if an 80cm dish will be sufficient

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 14:51:56 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

You'd be advised to get in an installer to check signal strength and advise on dishes. Here at home in the UK I get perfect reception of all channels on a 65cm dish. Not a mile away the same dish gives poor to no reception because of the surrounding terrain.

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 15:34:06 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.