My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Lost BBC One LONDON and ITV (SD) channels ??

(33 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Priyp - 27 minutes ago  » 
    No, when the channel was missing ... both bars were zero (grey in colour).

Baffled - there are several possibilities that can cause intermittent channel loss. Afaik none of them can affect just one channel on a transponder.

| Mon 1 Sep 2014 15:37:51 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The only suggestion I have is possible corrupt channel data from housekeeping?. What signal do you have on channel 999?

I guess you could verify the channel parameters of the missing channel - was it opt+ Graham?

| Mon 1 Sep 2014 15:47:03 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 10 minutes ago  » 
    The only suggestion I have is possible corrupt channel data from housekeeping?. What signal do you have on channel 999?
    I guess you could verify the channel parameters of the missing channel - was it opt+ Graham?

Yes opt+ displays current channel parameters.

BBC1 London is on Astra 2E transponder 45

10773 H QPSK 22000 5/6

But I think the channel worked and then did not without an overnight intermediate housekeeping.

| Mon 1 Sep 2014 16:02:35 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Priyp

I have freesat Information Service on ch999. 80% Strength 90% Quality. I shall monitor whether I loose channels over night or during day. What is 'house keeping' that you both mention ? I tried to upload Picture of my Diagnostics screen. It reads (down the right): HUMAX FOXSAT-HDR HPRSFCI 1.00.21 U 7.52 3768.0000 27 JUL 2012 My Postcode

| Mon 1 Sep 2014 19:22:37 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Housekeeping is a 03:00 am task that the Foxsat wakes up for each night to detect new firmware, channels changes and a number of not significant "housekeeping tasks".

Could the loss of channels be temperature related?

| Mon 1 Sep 2014 19:56:18 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Foxsat-hdrs carry out a task overnight that performs essential maintenance tasks that have various functions.

The two essential tasks are

Downloading and updating the software that keeps the box capable of working properly.

Updating the channel database so you can continue to watch channels that move transponders (and/or actual satellites).

To do this the box must be put in sby overnight.

(The other one we know of is the non essential creation of the chapter thumbnail images).

You have the latest firmware and presumably the correct channel line up, so this is unlikely to be an issue as you have a perfectly good signal to the Freesat Home Transponder that provides the data for the housekeeping function. Channel 999 is transmitted from the Freesat home transponder so is a useful quick check on home transponder reception.

Sadly it doesn't help to explain your perplexing issue.

Basically loss of a complete transponder is usually down to one or more of the following.

1 Your dish has moved

2 Vegetation has grown and obstructed your dishes view to the satellites.

3 You have a local source of rf interference (usually a router or cordless phone too close to the box).

4 The coax cables connected to the lnb water protection has failed allowing water into the coax cables. (Note this can be a serious issue as particulary with older types of satellite cable the dialectric (insulation) is air spaced. This makes a good pipeline to allow water to get into your satellite box.

None of the above would seem to apply to your problem.

The only other possible fixes I can suggest is

1 turn off the power to your box for 15 minutes or so and restore it (you can use the switch on the rear of the box, LHS as you look from the front).

2 Make a note of your recording schedule and carry out a reset to factory defaults.

It's possible the software stored in your box in NVRAM (non volatile RAM) has been corrupted by something like a mains surge.

1 Step 1 may fix it, step 2 will reload it from scratch, but you will need to reinstate your recording schedule.

Before you ask your existing recordings will nor be affected

| Mon 1 Sep 2014 19:58:21 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Priyp

Thank you for the very detailed information and suggestion. I am again away for a few days ... will also see how the channels behave before I embark on anything too drastic. I do appreciate your help. BRgds

| Mon 1 Sep 2014 22:01:48 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Priyp

Graham. After many months of ch101 & ch103 coming and going, I now seem to have lost ch101 and ch109 permanently ?? I re-read your last post above and did a factory reset. This has brought back ITV ch103 but the channels below that you first asked me to check (and I had them all) are now showing 'No or Bad signal'.

981 BBC RB 1
    986 BBC RB HD
    965 BBC 1 West
    954 BBC 1 East (W)
    951 BBC 1 CI
    608 CBeebies
    148 BBC Four
    147 BBC Three
    109 BBC Two

I have recently bought a second hand FoxSat HDR for the second room. It has the same problem. Diagnostics show HPRSFCI 1.00.20 and U7.54 and 3768.0000 update 10Mar2012.

Both tuner1 and 2 show 10773,H,22000,5/6 for ch109 and ch101

I was wondering if in the last few months if anyone else has had any similar issues? Thanks. BRgds

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 16:03:41 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I would change your lnb as the next step.

| Sat 31 Jan 2015 17:05:37 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Priyp

Graham, thank you once more. I think it is Quad lnb but not 100% sure. We moved into a new build house 11 months ago. It had the skydish already installed. Hopefully the lnb I remove will have some markings on to help me identify type? Will try in next couple of weeks and let you know result. Cheers

| Sun 1 Feb 2015 13:05:38 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.