My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Lost recordings - format Harddrive

(68 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pembleton

Can add my Humax HDR-1000S to this list. Turned unit on last night to discover the "You don't have any recordings at the moment" message and to reformat the HD all my recordings gone. Is to much in this day and age to expect some official acknowledgement of this issue given the experience of so many here and across the internet with this problem my box was only purchased Dec 2013. What's the hell is wrong with the moral compass of some manufacturers today...exasperated consumer

| Wed 26 Feb 2014 10:33:15 #41 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Turn off the box, pull out the power cable at the rear for 10 minutes or so and replace it. Now try re-booting the box, after the box initialises itself.

Welcome to the forum.

| Wed 26 Feb 2014 10:36:45 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pembleton

Thanks for that Graham and thanks for the Welcome, I'll try that.

Much Appreciated.

| Wed 26 Feb 2014 10:45:00 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobthegas

My Humax 1010S purchased 25Oct 2013 is also showing "You don't have any HD recordings at the moment" when it is showing that 29% of the disc space has been used. A "disk clean" has not made any difference. All my recordings are missing.
    I followed Graham Thompson's advice about de-powering and rebooting to no avail, so I have now reformatted the drive to get recording working again.
    What is the long term solution?

| Mon 3 Mar 2014 21:25:37 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

davej

Just lost all my recordings on my HDR1000 due to this problem. Had to format the hard drive.
    Does anyone know what the cause of this problem is so that it can be avoided in future?

| Fri 10 Apr 2015 10:21:15 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

The same thing happened again yesterday on my HDR-1000S 1TB unit with all my recordings gone (it had happened before in January and I posted about it back then). I powered off the unit and removed the the power cable and left it off overnight. When I turned it on this morning all the recorded programmes were still missing.

When this happened back in January, I rang Humax support who told me to do a factory reset which I did after first taking a note of all my planned programmes. After the factory reset I added back my scheduled recordings and after some time all my recordings eventually reappeared.

This evening I did another factory reset of the unit and then added back all my scheduled recordings. The recorded programmes are still missing.

A programme series that I had added to the Planned recordings was to be recorded at 10.00 pm this evening but was not recorded. The EPG showed the programme but it didn't show that it was being recorded. The series recording is still shown in the Planned recordings.

I purchased my HDR-1000s 1TB unit back in April 2013 so it is now probably out of warranty.

Paul

BTW, I have a BT Humax YouView 500GB box in another room and I have never had any problems with it compared to this HDR-1000S unit.

| Thu 23 Apr 2015 22:24:47 #46 |
  7. Morini

Morini

This has just happened to me on a Humax Freesat HDR-1000S. Got no recordings message despite having loads (about 37%). Tried all the advice I could find: software is up to date (last update July 2015) did a hard restart (unplugged 30 minutes) factory reset. Tried to record a programme from showing screen and from TV guide. All symbols show that it is recording current programme or programme is set to record but still no recordings. It is as if the machine is not accessing it's hard drive. I've delved everywhere I can in Settings and. can't find any way of reading the drive or formatting it. No reply from Humax. Any ideas?

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 10:44:36 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

davej

Unfortunately it seems to be a common problem and the only way forward is to format the hard drive. If you are technically minded you can replace the hard drive with a higher quality one which seems to be the root of the problem.

To format the hard drive go to:

Settings
    System Settings
    Storage
    HDD
    Start Disk Format

Welcome to the club...

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 11:08:53 #48 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

davej - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Unfortunately it seems to be a common problem and the only way forward is to format the hard drive. If you are technically minded you can replace the hard drive with a higher quality one which seems to be the root of the problem.
    To format the hard drive go to:
    Settings
    System Settings
    Storage
    HDD
    Start Disk Format
    Welcome to the club...

His unit is not seeing the hard drive and so does not offer the format option.
    Several users who have replaced the hard drive with a good AV one fine it does not see that either.

For the different problem of loss of buffer functions (record programme being watched, pause, back), Formatting the hard drive is the solution.

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 11:30:15 #49 |
  10. Morini

Morini

Thanks for the advice.

Settings: only gives power options nothing for hard drive.

HOWEVER, unit is now showing past recordings and is making new ones. Settings still gives no HD options. So the unit is now seeing the drive but will not give access to it.

Why is it working again? No idea. Recordings seem to have stopped about two days after we left the house. I can only assume some event occurred (thunderstorm, power cut) which upset the unit.
    ALSO a bit of advice further up the thread suggested leaving the unit on Recordings -at the moment you have no recordings. So I did. Sometime in the last 4 hours the unit has accessed the drive again.

So it's working, but I don't really understand why it stopped and why it has now restarted.. Doesn't give me a lot of faith in it though..........

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 16:01:59 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.