My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Low volume

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd

Please can you assist, I have purchased a Freesat HRD1000S box, although all works OK the sound level is very low, I am running the sound to a Sony Amp vie optical cable. I have to have the volume set to almost max (normally at such a setting it would be VERY loud). I have no issues with the amp, it works fine with all other equipment.

| Mon 17 Dec 2012 12:19:49 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the Forum. 100% on Humax boxes is about what you get out of a uncontrolled output on other kit. I have all my Humax boxes set to 100%. What's the level like on HD channels ?

My amp has adjustable gain for every input, isn't the Sony the same.

| Mon 17 Dec 2012 12:39:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd

Graham, thanks in fairness i have not checked the gain - will do this this evening,but the level volume is equlay low if i just use the TV sound. re the HD channels, no difference to the SD.

| Mon 17 Dec 2012 13:00:56 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andyd - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Graham, thanks in fairness i have not checked the gain - will do this this evening,but the level volume is equlay low if i just use the TV sound. re the HD channels, no difference to the SD.

Something a bit strange here. I don't ever use TV speakers everything goes through my amplifier. Normal audio from the HDR-1000s is by hdmi but I use the s/pdif to feed a pair of cordless surround sound phones via optical selector. These have their own ac3 decoder. The volume level is much the same as my other kit both on the hdmi and optical outputs. HD channels use ac3 audio. Do you get 5.1 sound from the BBC-HD preview loop. If not check Settings - Picture and Sound - Digital Audio Out is set to Multi-Channel

| Mon 17 Dec 2012 13:29:47 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.