My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Media & File Server Bundle for the Foxsat HDR - Release 4.0

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

v4.0, with new features, is now available for download. Check out the thread here for full details.
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1517610-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-4-0-a.html

| Sat 24 Sep 2011 13:13:16 #1 |
  2. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

Brilliant !! I was one of those that had to use the rear power button in order to see the complete web interface.

| Sat 24 Sep 2011 14:03:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Goose

raydon - 4 days ago  » 
    v4.0, with new features, is now available for download.

Just installed here and added samba to the default install. Changed the workgroup name in the smb.conf file. It all works very well. Thanks

| Thu 29 Sep 2011 8:24:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

harlequin

Thankyou for the updated version.
    Installed , and working , will have a proper play tomorrow.

| Mon 10 Oct 2011 23:48:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

technogoat

Hi
    I am new here. I have successfully installed Release 4 and can access the box from the web browser and using ftp and samba, and files stream fine - the problem comes when I try to drag music files from my laptop or my other network drive to the music directory on the box. Unless I drag only only one or two mp3 files at once, I get a message that the operation can't be done as there isn't enough free space, which is clearly not the case. If I do one at a time, no problem, but this would take an age. Can anyone advise?

| Sat 15 Oct 2011 2:02:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

technogoat - 11 hours ago  » 
    Hi
    Unless I drag only only one or two mp3 files at once, I get a message that the operation can't be done as there isn't enough free space, which is clearly not the case. If I do one at a time, no problem, but this would take an age. Can anyone advise?

It's because the folder sizes under the samba 'Media' share are being being wrongly reported as 61MB. See this post for details
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/15577158-post256.html
    The fix is to install a new samba config file with separate shares defined for Music, Photo and Video. See this post for details
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/15569917-post245.html

| Sat 15 Oct 2011 13:18:54 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

iainsloane

i have recently started using the media bundle, and love it.

but i have so far failed to link to the HDR media folder from my mac finder.

i have tried ftp, but the finder hangs when i select a large .ts file,

i have tried samba, but mac dosent seem to support the version of samba in the bundle,

and i have tried dropbear and macfusion to connect to a SSH feed, but dont know quite what settings to make it work, i have folowed the instructions in the readme file.

can anyone tell me how to connect to the HDR media folder and copy .ts files to my mac simply? i have managed to use my windows VM, but would much rather mount the HDR in my finder window.

| Wed 8 Aug 2012 15:14:01 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A quick search on "Samba Share MAC" yields quite a trawl - the first shown to me looks promising: Apple

| Wed 8 Aug 2012 15:40:07 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

For those of you that don't check in other places, One new package and several (mainly documentation) updates have been loaded into the online repository.

Go to package management and press "Update package list from Internet"

| Mon 27 Aug 2012 8:10:40 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.