My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

missing "record" button on menu

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harold

"record" button has been removed and "games" added to the menue.
    Just happened! Have tried suggested switch off for 2 minutes and re-start... to no avail. Any idea's or thoughts would be welcome especially if there is no loss of recorded programs.

| Mon 23 Mar 2015 13:02:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Harold - 2 hours ago  » 
    "record" button has been removed and "games" added to the menue.
    Just happened! Have tried suggested switch off for 2 minutes and re-start... to no avail.

It means the PVR cannot communicate with its hard drive. You could try turning off the power, opening the box and reseating the leads (at both ends) connecting hard drive and motherboard; however it is most likely that the hard drive has failed. Tell us which model of Humax you have?

| Mon 23 Mar 2015 15:23:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harold

Hi Martin,
    have already replied but it hasn't appeared... anyway PVR-9300T is the model. Have been on to the helpline, all that I have got back is to re-format and try again. This will obviously delete all saved programs which I am loath to do as some go back years that I constantly refer to (documentary's and the like).
    Do you know if there is a software patch I can download to my computer that could be passed over by the USB socket?
    In the meantime I will do as you suggest wih the connectors.
    Best regards
    Harold

| Tue 24 Mar 2015 18:18:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harold

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply, model is PVR-9300T.
    I know some communication takes place to & from the hard drive because recording reservations made via the program guide are it seems recorded, main problem at the moment I can't play them back.
    Harold.

| Tue 24 Mar 2015 18:21:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Harold - 1 hour ago  » 
    I know some communication takes place to & from the hard drive because recording reservations made via the program guide are it seems recorded, main problem at the moment I can't play them back.

How are you reaching that conclusion? The recording reservations are held in flash RAM so don't require the hard drive. What makes you think that recordings are being made?

| Tue 24 Mar 2015 19:55:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harold

Hi Martin,
    At the moment I have no hard evidence, but if I select the channel that is the one programmed to be recorded to watch it after a few minutes after it has 'started' I get a message 'do I wish to watch the program being recorded?' If I reply yes, then the front panel displays 'REC' at the start of the channel info. Also, (I might be imagining) hearing drive activity, really need to remove cover to verify this.
    Harold

| Wed 25 Mar 2015 12:14:44 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harold

Hi Martin,
    Finally got round to taking lid off and can now report that the hdd bursts into life at switch on. After a few moments drops in speed with no sound of head movement, so presumably no recording taking place and 'REC' has now gone from the front panel.
    I have also read your item regarding downloading updates for the operating system program (Flash9200) and wondered if there is any merit in going down this path?
    Best regards
    Harold

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 19:02:51 #7 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Harold - 3 days ago  » 
    Hi Martin,
    Finally got round to taking lid off and can now report that the hdd bursts into life at switch on. After a few moments drops in speed with no sound of head movement, so presumably no recording taking place and 'REC' has now gone from the front panel.
    I have also read your item regarding downloading updates for the operating system program (Flash9200) and wondered if there is any merit in going down this path?
    Best regards
    Harold

These hard disks don't drop in speed, I think you are hearing the fan which comes on briefly at switch-on.

| Wed 1 Apr 2015 16:38:19 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Harold - 3 days ago  » 

In this specific case, I would say there is no merit in updating the software.

| Wed 1 Apr 2015 19:03:02 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harold

Hi Martin
    My reasoning is that a new software installation would be as a new unit, this would automatically have the record icon in the main menue.
    I confess that when I bought this unit I cannot remember how the original setup was conducted, did it format the hdd at that time or was it already formatted? I do not remember if there was any question/answer in that regard.
    If it automatically formats the drive, then I need to find another way of accessing certain recordings.
    I do have another unit and had thought of exchanging drives, but my fear is some conflict may occur and mess up good one and lose the record icon on that also. (Wife would not be pleased!!!)
    Another possibility.... could I download (safely) the software from the second unit into my computer and then upload it into the dud?
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Best regards
    Harold.

| Thu 2 Apr 2015 16:59:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.