My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Moving files in File Manager

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JayW

File Manager Question.

I have created personal holiday video which I have transferred to Foxsat HDR using Raydons software - No problem, it works fine.

Visible in File Manager, but I cannot 'move' the file(s) into a new directory. Using 'opt+' to get into File Manager, it shows Red, Yellow & Blue buttons which are 'live' but the Green button which states 'move' is Greyed out.

What am I doing wrong? I am sure that I have done it OK before (I have a directory containing other holiday videos I have taken)

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 20:48:52 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can't move a file into a different folder on the internal hard drive using the standard firmware (you can't open two panes in file manager to the internal drive).

You have some alternatives.

1 Recopy the original file to the correct folder from the original source using your holiday video folder as the destination. You can then delete the recording in the wrong place. If you haven't got the original, copy it out to usb and back to the correct folder.

2 Install the Custom Firmware and use Windows Drive Mapping or FTP to move the file to the correct folder. Then either elect to remame the new file using file manager (you don't need to change anything) or use the CF correct filepaths package (both correct the filepath stored in the .hmt sidecar file).

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 20:58:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JayW

Thank you. I will do as you suggest. Grateful for your response

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 22:14:00 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.