My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Multiple recordings

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

How come that the PVR allows three programs to be set for the same time?
    I have to check the schedule frequently, as this often happens. Usually at 9pm, but last night 8pm -must've been a good night!

| Fri 31 Oct 2014 10:33:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

At least two of them (e.g. BBC1 and BBC2) will have been on the same MUX, so will have used only one tuner.

| Fri 31 Oct 2014 10:42:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dannyc

My finding is that it only checks for clashes when you set the recording.

If a schedule change occurs to something already set, it just follows the change and doesn't check for a clash. Then, when the recording starts, it fails it and reports it didn't record because a higher priority recording was happening.

The Freeview+ spec only says to check for clashes when recordings are set, not if schedule changes occur.

I too have to check the 9pm slot pretty much daily to check it hasn't added any clashes.

Danny.

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 13:03:44 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

inspector - 1 week ago  » 
    How come that the PVR allows three programs to be set for the same time?
    I have to check the schedule frequently, as this often happens. Usually at 9pm, but last night 8pm -must've been a good night!

You shouldn't be able to set 3 recordings at the same time but two recordings and a watch reservation are possible, with what you can watch depending on which two channels you are recording.

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 13:07:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Hi Graham. I know that "You shouldn't be able to set 3 recordings at the same time", that's why I'm asking for advice on this matter. This has happened that often, I have to check the schedule a couple of times every week.
    Thanks Danny, at least I'm not alone!

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 16:10:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I've never been able to deliberately set three recordings for the same time in one go, but what can happen is the broadcaster can change their schedule/timings which can cause conflicts just as programmes running over can.

#inspector, which 3 programmes can you schedule for the same time? and how often is often?

What did happen last night for me on my hdr-foxT2, which I appreciate isn't an 1800T/2000T is I had F1 at 20:30 for 90 minutes scheduled, Homeland and Downton both at 21:00 also scheduled. So just as Danny and Inspector have noticed, it is somehow possible to get three scheduled over-lapping recordings set. Luckily I was watching F1 and at just over 30 minutes into it I got a pop-up asking to prioritise, i.e. which one of the three did I want to cancel. As I was already watching F1 I cancelled the F1 recording and Homeland and Downton recorded as normal.

I'm convinced this is a glitch left over from the clock change a couple of weeks ago which is why it'd be interesting to see how long this has actually been happening for inspector member.
    I'd advise anybody affected to reboot their box, a proper reboot and not just putting it into standby and out of standby again, a proper reboot so that all the processes pick up the correct time from scratch. Check the schedule for conflicts and if there is a conflict, cancel one of them and try to reschedule it for the same time again, it should fail, if it allows the schedule i.e. three recordings set for the same time then please report back with which ones they are.

If I check on tvguideuk.telegraph.co.uk and scroll back to Sunday night, bizarrely there are two place-holders/boxes for Homeland and two for Downton in their EPG - the same programmes twice, stretching from 21:00 to well past 23:00 and almost to 0:00 for Downton.
    There's clearly an issue with the broadcaster's scheduled timing which I can only assume is down to the clock change, unless someone knows better?

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 18:10:53 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Hi Damien. This happens just about every week. Just the once, usually. As for the clock change, I'm sure that I was getting these multiple schedules before the clock change. Humax gave me instructions on how to set the factory default, but it is no different. They also gave instructions for the "loop through" ariel problem, but this didn't work, so I'll have to wait for the OTA solution.

| Tue 11 Nov 2014 11:28:13 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

inspector - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Damien. This happens just about every week. Just the once, usually. As for the clock change, I'm sure that I was getting these multiple schedules before the clock change. Humax gave me instructions on how to set the factory default, but it is no different. They also gave instructions for the "loop through" ariel problem, but this didn't work, so I'll have to wait for the OTA solution.

Have you by any chance got two different versions of the same programme with channels over 800 in your epg ?

| Tue 11 Nov 2014 11:53:47 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Inspector, you've not mentioned which channels/programmes... mine were C4 and ITV for Homeland/Downton, both of which have +1 channels.
    If it's not clock going back related then alternatively it's channel +1 timing related and the broadcaster/timing information not been set up properly, lazy cutting and pasting, school boy error etc.

Also, the fact that other TV guides such as the Telegraph also had problems displaying the correct EPG show it's a broadcaster/timing problem and nothing at all to do with the Humax.
    Graham's point of the +800 range is also very valid and needs to be checked and it would definitely cause trouble.
    I don't have any conflicts, but please do check for conflicts and let us know beforehand to give us a chance of replicating it

| Tue 11 Nov 2014 18:37:20 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

I don't have any programs above 601. I trim the EPG & get rid of loads of unwanted channels to tidy things up.
    Funny though, I haven't had any multiple conflicting recordings lately, but then again, there's not much that I'm interested in. I've gone from 30% available on the hard drive, to 61%.

| Tue 18 Nov 2014 10:56:38 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.