My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

My Humax 1000s

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

woka77

Hi all
    I've had my Humax 1000s for about a year now but it's starting to get on my nervous. The Humax is hard wired into the router and i have a good internet speed. My issue is that every time i want to use the freetime to catch up with a program from the day before or even earlier that day the program is never in the EPG freetime section
    so i have to go into the demand section and find what i was looking for, then at times it still doesn't work like itv player mostly for example. And if all fails i have to switch the Humax box off at the mains for 20 sec then back on let it load up and try again and the EPG in freetime it present and works but i shouldn't have to keep swathing it of at the mains to get the freetime working all the time

i was with sky and the it was flawless with the on-demand i only left because of the cost and i thought that the Humax 1000s with Freetime would be a great alternative with all the features but to be honest i think the Humax Freesat 1000s is crap and I'm considering going to back to being a sheep and follow SKY

| Tue 9 Sep 2014 17:34:00 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Humax don't put the catch up content in the epg. That's down to the broadcasters and freesat. Have you tried a reset to factory defaults to see if that resolves your other issues.

| Tue 9 Sep 2014 19:19:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tom_WR

I am getting the same problem with the HB1000S. Mine is also connected via ethernet cable to the router. No historical content is found on iPlayer on BBC1 or BBC1 HD, nor on itv player. Not even programmes that were on yesterday and the day before.

To put it simply: The "<earlier" feature, which was working fine until recently, now doesn't work.

I had this problem before. It turned out that the connection to the router had been dropped. That time the problem was fixed by going to "Home->Settings->Network Connection" and clicking "connect". Then it says: "Great you are connected with an Ethernet cable". After this I was back to normal, but today that solution doesn't work...

So today I did the following:
    Tried network re-connection as above.
    Power cycled the HB 1000S.
    Reset the router. The problem remained.
    Then I reset factory defaults: Now historical iPlayer programmes appear in the EPG, but they won't play. I get get a blank, black screen.

Rather than the broadcasters omitting to upload any content, is it more likely that the format of the uploads has changed and that the HB1000s is no longer able to read it? If so, is there a firmware upgrade and how do I get it / load it? When I go to "Software update" in the System settings menu it says "New software is not detected".

I can't think what else to try and can't find the same symptoms on the forum.

Personally, when everything is working OK, I find the Humax just great, the menus are clear and easy to use. I don't want that to be spoilt by unreliable software.

| Tue 16 Sep 2014 22:54:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tom_WR

Update:
    After turning the unit off (got fed up with it) and on (for a last try), the problem seems to have gone away! Time will tell whether it is a recurring problem...

| Tue 16 Sep 2014 23:02:07 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.