My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

myhumax registration code for TV Portal

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ncd_81

I'm a Humax newbie, so hope someone can help me.

I picked up my brand new HDR-2000T STB yesterday and in general now it's up and running I'm happy with it. I was lucky enough to get a USB "W-LAN stick" (150N Wireless LAN USB Adapter) in the box so I was looking forward to seeing what the TV Portal has to offer. Wi-Fi-readiness was a key in selecting this product.

I set up the Wi-Fi link with no apparent issues - going into the sub-menu for Configure Wi-Fi now shows Network Connected, with a speed of 54.0 Mbps. I'm connecting to my BT Homehub 3.0, with an ADSL broadband service. The broadband is working wirelessly on other devices, and I've turned the box off and on again a few times as it's been in and out of use.

All good so far...

However, when I come to sign up to myhumax I apparently need a registration code. The user guide states "Go to MENU > HUMAX TV Portal and select REG. CODE."

However, when I try this, I get no response other than a loading/processing star graphic - which then disappears. This appears to lock out most handset functions and when I press EXIT, the message "HUMAX TV Portal has ended" appears. The same thing happens when I select TV PORTAL on the handset rather than from the menu.

The registration page on www . myhumax . net indicates an alternative for getting a reg. code - "In certain products, you can find the registration code in the Settings menu.". That doesn't appear to be the case in my menu.

The HDT 2000T is running software version UKTFAC 1.00.07 (dated 12 SEP 2013) with Loader Version UKTFAC 1.02 - whatever that is.

One last thing the myhumax registration page indicates that "A registration code may not be available in some older models." With a brand new unit, surely this won't be the case?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 21:45:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ncd_81

Tried again with the TV Portal this afternoon, and inexplicably it worked fine - the home page loaded and the Reg. Code feature was there. I haven't changed anything, but perhaps the connection wasn't quite getting through last night.

Thanks for your time if you read this topic.

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 14:27:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ncd_81 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I haven't changed anything, but perhaps the connection wasn't quite getting through last night.

Much more likely that it was a problem with the Humax portal which I believe sits on servers in South Korea (at least it did).

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 16:16:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnnunn

can anyone tell me how many apps can i get with my 1800T. ta

| Mon 30 Jan 2017 10:38:02 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

johnnunn - 56 minutes ago  » 
    can anyone tell me how many apps can i get with my 1800T. ta

Welcome to our Forum

The default is just 4 I believe - BBC iplayer, BBC News, BBC Sport, and YouTube.

| Mon 30 Jan 2017 11:35:21 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.