My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » The Lounge

NAS drives and Sony Bravia

(4 posts)
  1. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

I've just bought a WD MyBook World 2TB as I was running out of space on my aging HP MediaVault, but having copied all the video files over to the WD not many are listed in the network video on the TV (a KDL-EX503) hwereas they all appear from mediavault.
    WD uses a Twonky server whereas the HP is proprietary HP DLNA server.

Can I tweak the Twonky to show all the files. All are mpeg2 edited using VideoRedo from hummy 9200t ts files. All seem to be visible through the web interface.

| Thu 28 Apr 2011 12:39:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

You didn't say what video formats worked and which didn't but AFAIK you can't tweak twonky to change what it will and what wont play. What version of Twonky is on the WD MyBook world ? There is a thread here which discusses something similar to your problem and suggests an update to Twonky. May help you, maybe not.

| Thu 28 Apr 2011 17:48:06 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

raydon - 1 hour ago  » 
    You didn't say what video formats worked and which didn't but ..

They're all from the 9200t and edited with VideoRedo, so the only differences could be resolution or bitrate.
    Thanks for the link I'll have to check it out if I'm not busy over the long w/e - on call all 4 days

| Thu 28 Apr 2011 19:43:46 #3 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Update:
    I believe I've found the problem.

The files were originally .ts files from the 9200t that were edited in VideoRedo, but the bitrate in the header was set as for burning to DVD. Running through VideoRedo batch Processing to reset the Bitrate in the header to the true Video bitrate the files now show up and play.

May help someone with a similar problem.
    Edit: I was a bit premature - it worked for a couple of files but not all

| Thu 5 May 2011 15:03:40 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.