My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Net connection

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jerryb

Hi, posted this elsewhere as well, connected a LAN cable to my 2000T, went into settings, configured LAN, it told me I was connected to network but when I tried the Portal button it tells me I'm not connected. What am I missing? Thanks.

| Sat 30 Aug 2014 9:46:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

benny1234

1) Try a different port on your hub. One that you know is working.
    2) Goto to Humax->Settings->System->Internet Settings. If connected it should have a picture that has LAN in it and "Network Connected"
    3) If not connected. Click OK on option "Configure LAN", then check option "Configure IP". Is this set to manual or DHCP? If manual try DHCP if your router supports it. The router will automatically fill in the details if it is confgigured for DHCP (this means it gives you all values to connect to the Internet). use manual if you want to give the Humax a unique "IP address" on your home network. eg 192.168.1.55.
    3) If still not connected, check your router. Has it got settings to block (firewall) all external traffic to your humax.

| Tue 14 Oct 2014 18:40:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jerryb - 1 month ago  » 
    connected a LAN cable to my 2000T, went into settings, configured LAN, it told me I was connected to network but when I tried the Portal button it tells me I'm not connected. What am I missing? Thanks.

First thing to try is putting the box in standby, waiting until the drive stops spinning, then turn off the mains supply, wait 30 seconds and turn it on again. There is something slightly odd about the Humax networking that some times needs a power cycle to sort out,

| Tue 14 Oct 2014 21:27:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyCalling

Also, rebooting your router is a good idea.

| Tue 14 Oct 2014 23:40:09 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.