My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Network Streaming Issues

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ian

I'm trying to stream MP4 videos across my network from a DLNA server (Logitech Media Server - or Squeezebox Server as it used to be known) to the HDR FOX T2. However, at some random point in the video (it may be 15 mins, it may be as much as 45 mins) the video abruptly stops and I get the following message: "Connection has failed. Please check your network setting and server status". I then have to search for my server again by switching to another media type (eg photos). If I go back to the videos and try again, it works for a while then I get the same problem. The same thing happens if I try to run a long slide show of photos.

I thought at first that it might be because I was using a wireless bridge, but I've just tried a cable instead with the same result.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 21:11:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Yes Ian I have experianced the same streaming problems and they still persist although my streaming was more simple HDR FOX T2 to HDR FOX T2 via Homeplugs and Internet Modem localised network. This problem still exists even though the Humaxs are at the latest version of software. Can setup streaming ok but it always times out after approx 10 to 15 minutes with the same display that you describe. Not much help to you I know, I don't bother trying anymore.

| Fri 4 Jan 2013 4:49:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ian

Thanks for your reply - it's at least good to know I'm not on my own! It's annoying, as it was one of the major selling points of the box.

Anybody else managed to solve this?? I should add that I can stream happily to other clients (VLC on my laptop).

| Fri 4 Jan 2013 16:38:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ian

It seems that this was an issue with my DLNA server app not playing nicely with the Hummy. I've installed MediaTomb, and now everything's happy!

| Mon 14 Jan 2013 20:18:17 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.