My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Networking to Projector

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

britespark

Damian, my information in post #6 is correct - the DVD Player (a Toshiba SD220E) is one machine, the VCR a completely different machine (a Daewoo combo model- which also has an inbuilt DVD recorder that I don't use). This VCR has only recently been included in the setup as I was given a large number of VHS cassettes which I needed to view.

The reason why I have looked at using the old computer, was that from earlier posts,it looked like I may need to store the decrypted Humax files locally near the projector and this was one way I thought I could achieve that.

I agree that something like the Raspberry Pi may be a better solution, as it is much newer and so I am now looking at the recently launched Raspberry Pi 2 model B and also another contender the OSMC Vero that recently launched and has Gigerbit ethernet(see getvero.tv). My only problem is that no HDMI works on either the Denon AVR or the Panasonic Projector, so some sort of conversion will need to be identified in order to connect locally in the utility room.

I also now have bootHDR mode installed on the Humax, so I will shortly be trying to transfer decrypted HD recordings through the network onto both the old computer as well as to the Computer Server, in order to see which workflow is best.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 22:02:23 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

britespark - 41 minutes ago  » 
    Damian, my information in post #6 is correct - the DVD Player (a Toshiba SD220E) is one machine, the VCR a completely different machine (a Daewoo combo model- which also has an inbuilt DVD recorder that I don't use).

I stand corrected again.
    The dvd/vcr was only interesting because if you can get a standard european dvd/vcr signal to the projector then it shouldn't have been too difficult to include the hd-fox-t2 into that. As it happens it's not relevant.

Sam Nazarko has done great work with raspbmc, the alpha version of osmc/kodi works on the new Pi, you don't need gigabit at all, but I'm not going to put anybody off getting a vero either.

If you've checked and double checked hdmi on the projector then I'm not sure what you can do except stay on the component route. If the Denon does hdmi -> component conversion then it may be worthwhile getting it repaired or replaced. There are bound to be component media players/servers out there, but I think that's a losing battle.

It sounds like you're as good as there as far as CF goes and achieving your aims from post #1. Let us know how you got on in a few weeks or sooner once it's bedded in

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 23:29:31 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.