My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

New 2000T - problems coming out of standby

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

oldie71

Last week I installed my new 2000T. It's a brilliant machine, once you get used to the somewhat non-intuitive remote control.

However, on four occasions when I've switched it on from standby, I've had problems.

Three times, there was no sound. Searching Google, this seemed to be common, and was cured by switched the box off and on at the wall. Hence losing the recording it was doing.

Once, there was neither sound nor picture. In and out of standby with both box and TV had no effect. Eventually it did work - once the recording had stopped.

The common factor seems to be that it was recording on at least three of these occasions, and probably also was on the fourth.

Is this a common enough problem that I have to just accept it, or is it rare enough to warrant changing the box?

I should add that I've turned the HDMI cable round, and changed the cable. This doesn't happen on every occasion that I turn box on while I'm recording, which makes solutions difficult to test.

Maybe I should add that the first thing I did was to download and install the latest software, 1.01.06, and that my TV is a Sony Bravia 32something.

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 10:56:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

This sometimes happens to me, but I find that it can usually be cured by the following, which you may have already tried but at least avoids losing your recording.

a) set the TV so the picture is coming from its own tuner
    b) turn both TV and Humax to standby
    c) bring the TV out of standby
    d) bring the Humax out of standby
    e) set the TV so its picture is coming from the Humax.

The order is critical, although I'm not sure without trying it again that I've shown it correctly!

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 11:33:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ernie

I too have had this. Bought my 2000T (1t) last Saturday and on one occasion it would not come out of standby it too was recording.
    Switching off at the mains and the slow count to 10 before turning back on did the trick.
    It has only happened once, so I have not looked into it further other than here. Someone mentioned about a possible problem with the HDMI handshake (???).
    My firmware is the one that came with the box (Sep 13?) and TV is also a Bravia 32".
    On the plus side, I found that unlike the 9200T pulling the mains stopped the recording rather than corrupting it. This may have been a fluke as all the programme had been captured so may have finished just before I resorted to the mains.

Oh and hi...first post

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 11:36:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

smo1

I downloaded the software 1.01.06 to try to cure a more generic standby problem, but since then the problem as described here has happened twice to me in the last three days. However the solution suggested by Collrv would not work since my Humax interfaces to an analogue telly without an in-built digital tuner. So I lose the recording every time this happens. Is this being worked on or should I send the unit back for a refund, since it appears to be a not uncommon problem and I don't want to buy a digital tv at this juncture as a cure for a problem that didn't ever exist on the 9200 unit I had nor should it on this one.

Cheers

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 11:59:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

smo1 - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I downloaded the software 1.01.06 to try to cure a more generic standby problem, but since then the problem as described here has happened twice to me in the last three days.

Are you connecting by SCART?

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 12:07:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

smo1

Yes the tv doesn't have an hdmi connector available

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 12:12:06 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

smo1 - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Yes the tv doesn't have an hdmi connector available

So with respect you have a different problem and you would be better starting a new thread. Have you tried a different SCART lead?

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 12:17:24 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

smo1

No problem, the issue sounded so very similar that I thought it would be part of this thread. I'll change the SCART lead this evening and if the problem persists start a new thread.

Cheers

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 12:20:35 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

oldie71

Thanks for the replies.

colirv : I've started using that sequence every time I use the box now, since reading it in one of the threads I skipped through.

If it does only happen during recording, then it's easy to cope with : if I'm going to want to use the box, take it out of standby at least 15 minutes before the recording starts.

But - has it been proved that it is recording which causes the problems?

Actually, I had a Virgin V+ box for many years; this ran so hot that I got into the habit of only activating the box when I needed it. This habit has continued, but I notice that the Humax runs very cool, and I could probably leave it on for the maximum 10 hours or so of our daily viewing.

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 13:05:50 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

oldie71 - 4 minutes ago  » 
    But - has it been proved that it is recording which causes the problems?

Not as far as I know. It's not helped by the fact that all our problems seem subtly different!

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 13:11:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.