My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

New software version 1.01.13 OTA Date

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

losimagic

grahamlthompson - 6 minutes ago  » 

losimagic - 2 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 27 minutes ago
    If you change channel does live pause then work again ?

No, it doesn't.

Is the time it takes before failure consistant on the same channel ? Does it take longer to fail viewing a SD channel ? It seems possible the time shift buffer file is corrupted.
    If you go back the previous firmware, the OTA will update it again.

Not sure how long it's taking to fail really. The power saving facility switches the box on at around 7am and then the issue isn't noticed until the time-shift facility is needed or we try to view recorded media. Today it wasn't noticed at around 1pm, but sometimes we may not notice till the evening.

I've just checked it (it's been around 90 minutes since I switched off/on) and it's still working as it should do.

Is it possible to rebuild the buffer file somehow?

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 14:12:19 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I don't have your box but normally a full hard disk format is required. On some boxes re-naming the timeshift buffer file will force a new file to be created. I don't know if this is possible on your box. Anyone know if this is possible on a 2000T ?

You would have to copy any recordings you want to keep to usb first as the format will of course remove them. So far no one else has reported the issue so seems unlikely to be related to the software update.

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 14:25:29 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

losimagic

grahamlthompson - 13 minutes ago  » 
    I don't have your box but normally a full hard disk format is required. On some boxes re-naming the timeshift buffer file will force a new file to be created. I don't know if this is possible on your box. Anyone know if this is possible on a 2000T ?
    You would have to copy any recordings you want to keep to usb first as the format will of course remove them. So far no one else has reported the issue so seems unlikely to be related to the software update.

Thanks - I assume I'd need to remove the HDD from the unit and connect it to a PC to rename the buffer file?

I'll wait and see if there are any other suggestions otherwise I'll format the disk.

Thanks a lot for your help Graham.

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 14:42:59 #33 |
  4. geoffers

geoffers

losimagic - 1 day ago  » 
    Our 2000T received this update and since then, the pause/recording facilities break after a while. After the box has been on for a while, when pause/rewind etc is pressed, a grey circle with a line through it appears and the broadcast isn't paused or rewound. Pressing the media button does nothing either. The only way I've found to fix this is to switch the box off and on again.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way I can report this to Humax?
    Also, can I go back to the previous firmware where this wasn't a problem?
    Many thanks

Sounds very similar to the bug I reported here: http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/power-on-timer-bug where if the m/c powered on using the power-on-timer, it seemed to switch the tuner on, but the disk wasn't accessible for pause/rewind/viewing media etc. Only fix is to power-off/on - no resolution to the problem itself I'm afraid

| Tue 31 Mar 2015 18:39:23 #34 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.