My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

New software version 1.03.12 ~ OTA date

(115 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The OTA was suspended late yesterday afternoon by the DTG, and next weeks repeat was removed from schedule earlier today, for reasons I cannot go into but....

Important to note it is not because of any issues being reported here.

| Fri 28 Feb 2014 19:41:28 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Moosie

Although I'm not a "Techno-phobic" I am new to PVR's and Humax so please excuse any silly questions. I have been having intermittent faults with my HDR FOX T2 and as I had heard about a Firmware update yesterday I have waited to see if faults have been fixed. How do I check what version I am using?

| Fri 28 Feb 2014 21:55:12 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Moosie - 5 minutes ago  » 
    AI have been having intermittent faults with my HDR FOX T2 and as I had heard about a Firmware update yesterday I have waited to see if faults have been fixed.

Perhaps you would care to describe the probelms you have been experiencing.

How do I check what version I am using?

Menu button the select Settings>System>System Information

| Fri 28 Feb 2014 22:02:08 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Moosie

Thank you for your reply Martin, I now know I'm on the latest update, 1.03.12
    The faults I'm experiencing are as follows:
    When playing back previous recordings,e.g. Media>desired recording>play from start or resume play>OK when I press OK my TV screen goes black for 5 seconds, then recording picture plays but there is no sound for 10-15 seconds it then plays back normally. It doesn't appear to be any particular channel, program or time of day. Also some channels have a very weak signal and poor quality and picture breaks up but on another TV they are good. I have tried swapping the antenna over to the sets but the result is the same.

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 19:57:50 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Moosie - 2 hours ago  » 
    When playing back previous recordings,e.g. Media>desired recording>play from start or resume play>OK when I press OK my TV screen goes black for 5 seconds, then recording picture plays but there is no sound for 10-15 seconds it then plays back normally. It doesn't appear to be any particular channel, program or time of day.

Not sure about that one; we don't see that behaviour.

Also some channels have a very weak signal and poor quality and picture breaks up but on another TV they are good. I have tried swapping the antenna over to the sets but the result is the same.

Humax made significant improvements to the tuning performance for the HDR-FOX T2 in 1.02.32 but it doesn't work as well for us in 1.03.12 nor on the HDR-2000T. The solution until it is fixed is to do a manual tune using the instructions at Manual tuning FAQ.

| Sun 2 Mar 2014 22:12:53 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Martin Liddle - 10 hours ago  » 
    Humax made significant improvements to the tuning performance for the HDR-FOX T2 in 1.02.32 but it doesn't work as well for us in 1.03.12 nor on the HDR-2000T.

What does yours do in 1.03.12? I tried it on my 3 transmitter area selecting the transmitter with the highest frequencies and it worked fine, ony storing regional channels in the 800s and 1000s, with all channels below 800 from my selected transmitter. I.e. It did the same as 1.02.32.

Also if I select a transmitter with lower frequencies it ends up the same as with 1.02.32.

| Mon 3 Mar 2014 9:16:46 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Moosie

Martin & Luke thanks for the tips. I will try them and see if it solves the problem.

| Mon 3 Mar 2014 16:14:36 #57 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Dear oh dear, there is some codswallop being posted elsewhere re the reason for this update being suspended (thanks to the person who pointed it out to me)

1. There is nothing untoward wrong with the software.
    2. Your boxes have not been bricked.
    3. There is no legal problem.
    4. Add any other conspiracy theory, nonsense.

I was made aware as to why it was suspended, and HDR T2 owners with the update have nothing to worry about. It is only of concern to those parties involved.

Edit: even more rubbish now, I knew it would not be long before someone trotted out the oft misused 'fit for purpose' tagline.

| Mon 3 Mar 2014 19:45:10 #58 |
  9. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

Hi Barry, do you know if the 1.03.12 OTA update is going to be repeated in the future? If not, are there any plans you know of to do an OTA of a later version in the next few months?

From my point of view I think that 1.03.12 is actually pretty good, if they could just fix the EPG bug introduced in the 1.03.xx versions without breaking anything else I would be very happy.

| Mon 3 Mar 2014 21:34:22 #59 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Humax want an update back on air as soon as, and of course I'll update this thread when I can.

Whilst I can understand some of the comments re the EPG it is not something that bothers me personally as I prefer to use the skip and page keys for quick scrolling.

| Mon 3 Mar 2014 22:17:15 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.