My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

New software will be available very soon

(75 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Yorkshire_Brian

The sound/picture issue was not something I had noticed so just tested on my 2 units, if anything the sound appears a nano second before the picture - this with units connected to Tv's via HDMI.

| Sun 21 Aug 2011 11:06:59 #41 |
  2. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all,
    I have downloaded version 1.02.20 to a USB stick to install on my HDR-FOX T2 but cannot find any information on how to install from my USB stick?

I inserted the stick but it only showed importing meada?

I then went to Installation-Software update but could find nothing there.

What am I doing wrong?
    Mick.

| Mon 22 Aug 2011 16:57:22 #42 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Have a read through these instructions, see if that helps.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model_tool.aspx?category_seq=182

| Mon 22 Aug 2011 17:06:40 #43 |
  4. mickiow

mickiow

Thanks again Barry,
    All went ok, but it would not read the first memory stick I used but did the next one.

We get HD transmission in March I think, so after that updates should be ok over the air hopfully
    Mick.

| Tue 23 Aug 2011 7:25:10 #44 |
  5. Yorkshire_Brian

Yorkshire_Brian

Thanks Barry,

After your reply to my post I've done more investigation into the delayed sound problem and solved it...

T2 is connected to Toshiba XV50 TV via HDMI1, I also have a Panasonic DVD Recorder connected to HDMI2.

Spent a while looking through the settings in the TV for the AV connections, discovered a setting for HDMI audio, with the options auto, digital and analogue. Set to auto by default, changed it to digital, problem solved.

While I was looking round I turned off the REGZA-LINK, none of the other kit is Toshiba anyway so nothing lost there.

Because the T2 worked out of the box I never had need to look for and change any of the TV settings.

Solution not anything to do with the T2 really, but may save someone else time with a similar issue.

Keep up the good work...

Regards,

Brian

PS Time we got rid of the "Beta" tag in TV Portal?

| Sat 27 Aug 2011 15:07:11 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

vmorley

A tip to make the upgrade go well. Format the USB stick to fat32, switch off at the back, insert the USB stick and switch on at the back and hay presto.

| Mon 29 Aug 2011 11:11:07 #46 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

For those not aware repeat OTA of 1.02.20 for the HD and HDR T2:

Wed 14 Sep 2011 - Fri 16 Sep 2011

Wed 28 Sep 2011 - Fri 30 Sep 2011

| Mon 5 Sep 2011 9:12:19 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

On which muxes? I've got friends with an HDR Fox T2 who can't receive HD but don't want to upgrade by USB (for strange reasons I don't agree with, they say they don't want to risk breaking the box). Is there ever going to be a broadcast of HD/HDR Fox T2 software on an SD mux for pre-DSO users?

| Sun 25 Sep 2011 15:17:06 #48 |
  9. Trevor Wright

Trevor Wright

Barry - is it likely there will be any future HDR FOX T2 software updates or is this product now considered by Humax as "mature"?

Thanks

| Tue 27 Sep 2011 8:46:56 #49 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Trevor Wright - 6 hours ago  » 
    Barry - is it likely there will be any future HDR FOX T2 software updates or is this product now considered by Humax as "mature"?
    Thanks

Not sure if an update will be required for skyplayer when it finally launches, and I have no news on that, except to remind members there is more then one agency involved - take that as you will.

| Tue 27 Sep 2011 15:48:34 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.