My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

new user to HD Fox T2

(12 posts)
  1. andywhitham

andywhitham

Hi all, I recently acquired a HD Fox-T2 and, although I had initial installation problems( thanks to members on here who helped) the system seems to be working fine now.
    The reason for this post is this : Over the festive period there were instances where I would have loved to have had the chance to watch one proggie and record another, also times recordings would have been great too. But, I realise that with the HD-Fox T2 model that I have its not possible to record programmes on it so my question is this, I'm assuming that the only way to record programmes using the T2 would be to connect some sort of recorder to it? Im quite a newby with this so I would appreciate any sort of help/advise here as we missed a ton of programmes over Christmas as we hadnt got anything to record them on.
    Regards ~ andy whitham.

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 20:08:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

andywhitham - 14 minutes ago  » 
    But, I realise that with the HD-Fox T2 model that I have its not possible to record programmes on it

I don't think that is right. You can attach a USB disk drive, format it and then the HD will record to it.

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 20:24:26 #2 |
  3. andywhitham

andywhitham

a USB disc drive ?..I'll check what one of those is, I have usb 'memory sticks ' that stores all my graphics and spare computer programmes, not sure if thats the same thing ?
    Alas I didnt get any manual with the Fox T2 so I havent any reference point to check these things.

Assuming I purchase a USB disc drive, I assume there is a usb port on the T2, but how would I get programmes to record onto it ?..urghhhh....lol, sorry ..bit of a thicko here when it comes to this sorta stuff ~ aw

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 20:31:07 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Main manual

http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/new_manual/UM_HD-FOXT2_400GB_10-1215.pdf

Additional manual detailing recording capability (added after launch)

http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/new_manual/AG_HD-FOXT2_100GB.pdf

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 21:55:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

You will need a disk drive not a USB flash/pen drive. The disk drive will need to be a minimum of 80GB. External drives that are USB powered are the simplest to get going. The additional guide explains how to set it up.

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 22:07:50 #5 |
  6. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Not wanting to contradict you, but from my first set up - detailed here: http://myhumax.org/blog/?p=540 the HD reserves 20GB of space on the attached drive if it is assigned as a recording HDD.

I think a USB HDD or flash drive which allows a 20GB space to be reserved will work with the HD - although I have not tested this to confirm (I used an 80GB HDD in the article.) You can get USB flash drives of 32GB and 64GB now, but I don't know if they will work.

| Fri 11 Jan 2013 12:12:18 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Just tried a 64GB flash drive, no joy, format option not accessible.

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 17:31:12 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Barry - 52 minutes ago  » 
    Just tried a 64GB flash drive, no joy, format option not accessible.

Yep. That would fall to display the format option for two reasons!

Luke - 1 day ago  » 
    You will need a disk drive not a USB flash/pen drive. The disk drive will need to be a minimum of 80GB.

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 18:25:28 #8 |
  9. andywhitham

andywhitham

Thanks for your help guys, looks like a disk drive is what I need...thank-youuuu

| Sun 13 Jan 2013 18:42:56 #9 |
  10. af123

af123

Someone over on hummy.tv has recently had success with a 32GB flash drive - both with recording and TSR (pausing live TV). He couldn't format it via the Humax menus but having formatted it as EXT2 elsewhere could link it to the HD via a mechanism in the custom firmware.

I'd still recommend a HDD - TSR in particular is likely to wear out a flash disk fairly quickly.

| Sun 13 Jan 2013 23:54:30 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.