My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Newbie needs help!

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nick P

Need help please.
    Recently bought a Foxsat HDR. I have a quad LNB and I'm using two cables into the PVR. Recording is fine, picture is fine but if I am recording BBC1 I cannot access BBC2. I also sometimes lose other channels. I believe the box thinks I'm using just one cable from the dish to the box but I've swapped the cables round to the Foxsat and even the connections at the wall socket. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks

| Thu 10 May 2012 20:18:30 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. Sounds like you installed the second cable after the original install. The box doesn't know it's now got a seperate lnb for tuner 2. Easiest way is carry out a factory reset, you should see the two cables found message during the installation.

Make sure the two cables are on the outer sockets (nothing on the middle one)

| Thu 10 May 2012 20:24:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nick P

Ok Thanks. I'll give it a go.

| Thu 10 May 2012 20:31:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nick P

Great advice. Tried a factory re set and it picked up both feeds. Must have had one not connected when I first switched it on and set it up.
    Thanks again!

| Thu 10 May 2012 20:58:23 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Nick P - 1 minute ago  » 
    Great advice. Tried a factory re set and it picked up both feeds. Must have had one not connected when I first switched it on and set it up.
    Thanks again!

You are welcome, happy it's sorted.

| Thu 10 May 2012 21:00:21 #5 |
  6. Swiftie

Swiftie

In a similar situation I found my way into a menu where I could change the number of cables. It was set to "1 cable"; I have a twin LNB, so two cables. I connected them myself two days ago, so I know this to be true!

I had two choices under "2 cables" - Same and Different. What's the difference between "Same" and "Different".

Maybe it would be faster just to go for a factory reset, as I haven't configured much, so far.

| Mon 13 Aug 2012 16:04:33 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

David500

Swiftie - 1 hour ago  » 
    In a similar situation I found my way into a menu where I could change the number of cables. It was set to "1 cable"; I have a twin LNB, so two cables. I connected them myself two days ago, so I know this to be true!
    I had two choices under "2 cables" - Same and Different. What's the difference between "Same" and "Different".
    Maybe it would be faster just to go for a factory reset, as I haven't configured much, so far.

"2 cables - Same" - Both receiving from the same satellite
    "2 cables - Different" - Receiving from different satellites

The first is correctfor you.

| Mon 13 Aug 2012 18:03:25 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.