My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

no access to media share of windows 8 desktop

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariebeekman

I have a Humax 1000 wifi connected, a BThub 2, a Windows 8.1 desktop. Media share on the Humax shuts the BThub 2 9 out of 10 times down. If it works, it works fine to stream music. I tried a newer BThub 4, that showed my computer, sometimes music but no success to stream music. Tried Humax wired to Bthub, no difference. Anyone out there with the same combination of hardware?

| Sun 20 Apr 2014 21:19:29 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A quick using BThub2 yields quite a few problems (especially with type A).

| Mon 21 Apr 2014 5:26:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariebeekman

I use a type A Bthub. Will retry a borrowed Bthub 4 and come back. What I donot understand is that iplayer of the BBC works, so the connection to the hub is ok.
    Another issue: Although Windows 'sees' the humax as an unknown part of my network, I cannot 'play to' it in mediaplayer nor add the device in control panel.

| Mon 21 Apr 2014 6:25:07 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You might check the hub firmware
    http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13073/~/how-can-i-check-the-firmware-version-on-my-bt-home-hub%3F

I get the impression what the hub has some media sharing capability - that may be causing your problem.

Have you setup media sharing and allowed the device in the network and sharing centre (advanced settings)? What are you using to share the media - Windows Media player?

I would not expect "play to" to work.
    I think you cannot add the device as it has no shared resources. It's a client not a server.

| Mon 21 Apr 2014 7:21:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariebeekman

To further add to the mystery. With the computer switched off the same problem with the hub (that has the latest firmware, I checked, thanks), immediately quits its job. The computer is set up properly I am almost sure. Wonder if the Humax software is not partly to blame.

| Mon 21 Apr 2014 12:10:56 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Don't know the answer to that but being able to crash a router is not good (from inside the LAN I concede0. I found several posts with similar problems such as https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/Router-frequently-resetting-since-upgraded-to-windows-7/td-p/16581

| Mon 21 Apr 2014 13:13:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariebeekman

I have given up. Use Apple airport express in stead, although have to sit behind computer to start iTunes and stream music to TV. End!

| Tue 6 May 2014 14:53:29 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.