My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

No HD channels

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TheTJW

Just bought the Humax HDR FOX T2 box on the strength of the freeview website telling me that I could receive HD channels in my area, however, after several auto scans and several manual scans, not one HD channel is showing up - any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks.

| Mon 5 Mar 2012 15:22:13 #1 |
  2. athomson

athomson

special member

Which area/transmitter are you getting your Freeview from? If you tell us this I am sure someone here can help with this issue.

Andy

| Mon 5 Mar 2012 16:11:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TheTJW

Well, it seems to suggest Crystal Palace, although I don't think that's the nearest - I'm in Epping, Essex.

| Mon 5 Mar 2012 16:39:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

TheTJW

Can anybody help with this?

| Mon 5 Mar 2012 17:40:14 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The HD service from Crystal Palace is currently low power and directional you may need to wait for the post dso power increase.

DSO completes 18th April 2012.

| Mon 5 Mar 2012 17:46:24 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

TheTJW

Ok, thanks - hopefully after the DSO it'll be ok, otherwise I've just wasted a whole load of money!

Cheers.

| Mon 5 Mar 2012 18:06:09 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

TheTJW - 42 minutes ago  » 
    Ok, thanks - hopefully after the DSO it'll be ok, otherwise I've just wasted a whole load of money!
    Cheers.

If you can get SD now then HD post dso won't be a problem.

| Mon 5 Mar 2012 18:49:05 #7 |
  8. athomson

athomson

special member

I get my signal from Crystal Palace as well, I get HD but I have a signal amplifier, the HD channels are still more prone to break up than SD. I tend not to watch HD as the upscaling from the Humax is good and I cant see the difference most of the time. After DSO things should be better, I will watch HD more.

Andy

| Tue 6 Mar 2012 10:59:33 #8 |
  9. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

TheTJW - 2 days ago  » 
    Well, it seems to suggest Crystal Palace, although I don't think that's the nearest - I'm in Epping, Essex.

Mine (pointing at Sutton Coldfield) didn't find any HD channels on an auto scan. In order to find them I had to do a manual scan on the relevant UHF channel AND set the Transmission parameter to DVB-T2 to make sure it looked for HD.

If you're not sure which transmitter you're using - and thus which UHF channel to scan - you should be able to find out by looking at the frequency of the SD channels, and seeing which transmitter's MUX's these correspond to.

WT

| Thu 8 Mar 2012 0:08:18 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.