My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

No Access to media files on LAN via DTR-T1010

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pontiouschris

I am new to forum space so do not know where or who to ask so please excuse me if I am asking in the wrong part of the forum.
    I have just changed my old Humax HDR FOX T2 with the Humax DTR-T1010/1TB. Being a newer model and having the advantage of YouView I was disappointed to find that the DTR-T1010/1TB does not provide the LAN media access that the HDR FOX T2 does.
    My problem is that I do not have access to media on my local network via the DTR-T1010/1TB which I find very unsatisfactory.

Humax have advised me that they do not control the software that would provide this facility and that I should contact YouView to ask if they intend to introduce the facility.

Has anyone devised a workaround to access LAN media via DTR-T1010

| Fri 27 Jun 2014 12:59:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Humax have advised me that they do not control the software that would provide this facility and that I should contact YouView to ask if they intend to introduce the facility.
    This has been requested by users since the 2012 launch, and is in fact one of the most frequent requests but it seems unlikely it will ever be implemented. Retail customers have very little influence, as most boxes are acquired through BT and TalkTalk.

| Fri 27 Jun 2014 13:24:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pontiouschris

JamesB - 2 hours ago  » 

This has been requested by users since the 2012 launch, and is in fact one of the most frequent requests but it seems unlikely it will ever be implemented. Retail customers have very little influence, as most boxes are acquired through BT and TalkTalk.

Thanks for your help, if like you suggest the update will not happen when I replace the tv I will ensure I get one that can access LAN media. Thanks again

| Fri 27 Jun 2014 15:31:59 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.