My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

No SCART on new TV Connect

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikekent

My faithfull Humax 9200T works well with SCART connection to old Sony CVT TV. Want to acquire a new flat screen Samsung TV which has no SCART sockets. Has 3 hdmi sockets and 1 USB. How can I connect? Don't see how RCA connection can work. Is there a way to connect a TV hdmi to the Humax SCART through some magic "box"?

| Mon 8 Sep 2014 16:55:09 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Are you sure the TV doesn't have a scart ?. Samsungs normally have multipurpose socket that you can plug a scart adaptor cable into. (It looks a bit like an hdmi socket).

If the TV didn't come with a cable here's an example.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Geniune-Scart-Adaptor-Cable-For-Samsung-Flatscreen-HD-TVS-/271598775647?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3f3c8c6d5f

| Mon 8 Sep 2014 17:05:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikekent

Thanks Graham. You are right; there was an error in the Argos catalogue (a great offer there!). Other vendors show 1 SCART available. Also there are a variety of multiple adapters on the net eg Amazon allowing daisy-chaining the cables; one live at a time but only conflict I could have would be recording on Humax while watching a DVD or a VHS. Not a problem. Many thanks for your very prompt assistance.

| Tue 9 Sep 2014 13:27:48 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mikekent - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Graham. You are right; there was an error in the Argos catalogue (a great offer there!). Other vendors show 1 SCART available. Also there are a variety of multiple adapters on the net eg Amazon allowing daisy-chaining the cables; one live at a time but only conflict I could have would be recording on Humax while watching a DVD or a VHS. Not a problem. Many thanks for your very prompt assistance.

Provided you don't minding manually selecting the source you want to watch on the TV a scart switch will let you share the single input.

EG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scart-Switch-Box-View-and-Record-RGB-Compliant-/190733956389?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2c68a13525

| Tue 9 Sep 2014 13:46:10 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

mikekent - 2 hours ago  » allowing daisy-chaining the cables; one live at a time but only conflict I could have would be recording on Humax while watching a DVD or a VHS. Not a problem

Are you sure that even that would be a problem? All PVRs in my experience allow passthrough of the SCART signal from AV2 to AV1 whilst making a recording.

| Tue 9 Sep 2014 16:00:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikekent

No, probably not a problem. I currently pass through Humax to VHS but need to turn off the Humax, sharing AV2 TV finds what is there. Currently Sony TV has a second SCART (AV1) for the DVD. Thank you both. Mike

| Tue 9 Sep 2014 16:25:47 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.