My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

No series link on BBC One HD for Euro 2012

(12 posts)
  1. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Just set the match on BBC One HD on Friday to record and was disappointed to find no Series Link for the Euros. Same again for the next match on BBC One HD. SR is available for ITV1 HD matches though.

Is this the same for your region on Freeview?

| Wed 6 Jun 2012 18:23:54 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I have been able to set Series Link for the both the BBC and ITV HD highlights shows on Freesat. I have been more selective about the live games and I am only setting single timers for those I really want to watch which so far is only SPA v ITA, ENG v FRA and GER v NET.

| Wed 6 Jun 2012 19:17:47 #2 |
  3. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

It's usually ITV or CH4 that SR metadata go AWOL, not the BBC! (Shame on them - or maybe we are getting informally presented Euro 2012 )

I will check again tonight to see if they've fixed the problem on Freeview in my region...

| Thu 7 Jun 2012 11:18:10 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No series crid data in my region either, perhaps it is deliberate, ie you have to set individual timers?

| Thu 7 Jun 2012 11:43:48 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Setting individual timers is better as unlike setting a Series Link on my Topfield you cannot choose to exclude specific programmes from being recorded. A very useful feature which is sadly missing on these less feature-rich models from Humax and other manufacturers.

| Thu 7 Jun 2012 12:39:00 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Series Crid data now available on Freeview and Freesat - for my region at least.

| Fri 8 Jun 2012 12:16:20 #6 |
  7. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Mine too now. Slack work by the BBC.

| Sat 9 Jun 2012 21:24:33 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

A bit off topic, but still concerns Euro....

Oh dear ITV - Late in updating the EPG and running status for the delayed Ukraine v France match so timers will probably have have terminated early, certainly has on my freeview units.

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 19:11:51 #8 |
  9. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Recorded 2 hours + 15 mins of drivel! Original timer recorded up to start of the match (after delay). I knew they would cock it up so set timer on the next two programme after to record. Those two also cocked up - the first recorded 15mins and the second failed!

(Next time I should set a manual or perform a manual record.)

What do you think will happen on the BBC tonight? (There's a 15mins delay to the programme.)

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 20:01:19 #9 |
  10. gomezz

gomezz

special member

ITV fail on my Freesat recording. They really do seem to save their major cock ups for the big football games.

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 20:10:18 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.