My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No signal on Tuner 1

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Honey

I bought the HDR 1000S/TR last friday, day of the terrible storm. I live in a small block of flats that share a satellite dish on roof.
    When setting up, more than 200 channels are available but Tuner 1 showed poor or week signal. Could get BBC1 and BBC2 intermittently. All other channels were unavailable to watch, showing on the screen,'The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak'. I'm new to this and a complete techno luddite.
    The building manager had someone check the sat dish -nothing wrong with it. No one else in the other flats report similar problem.
    I've switched 2 satellite cables round just in case one of them is faulty. They are brand new. Everything else - hdmi cable, and other cables are in properly in place.
    What am i doing wrong or not doing? Please help!

| Tue 18 Feb 2014 17:44:00 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. When you swapped the cables I take it tuner 1 remained poor. Can you leave the cables as they are on the box and swap them at the wall sockets ? What happens now. Any chance of trying the box on a neighbours dish connections ?

| Tue 18 Feb 2014 17:54:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Honey

Graham, you are a genius!
    I swapped them around at the wall and immediately got signal. A quick test of the signals in settings - Tuner 2 now shows bad signal but good quality (??). But at least i'm able to get channels - the ones i've checked so far - which is a lot more than the abysmal two I was able to get intermittently.
    Why oh why didn't i try that before. The wall sockets were obviously incorrectly labelled. I place too much trust in those who are meant to do their jobs. Never learn!
    Thank you very much, very very much.

| Tue 18 Feb 2014 23:17:25 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Honey - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I swapped them around at the wall and immediately got signal. A quick test of the signals in settings - Tuner 2 now shows bad signal but good quality (??). But at least i'm able to get channels - the ones i've checked so far - which is a lot more than the abysmal two I was able to get intermittently.
    Why oh why didn't i try that before. The wall sockets were obviously incorrectly labelled. I place too much trust in those who are meant to do their jobs. Never learn!

You might want to get that socket looked at as otherwise your gonna have issues recording 2 channels at the same time, or recording 1 channel and watching another.

| Tue 18 Feb 2014 23:28:02 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Honey - 14 minutes ago  » 

Not a genius, it means that you have an issue with the installation to your flat, despite what the landlord says. It could be simply a bad connection on the rear of the faceplate. One of your connections that is now connected to tuner 2 is faulty. At a guess your box is now working correctly because the one working connection you have is now connected to to tuner 1.

There isn't any difference between the two outlets, both should work whatever way you connect them.

Try this.

Tune to channel 108 (BBC1-HD) press the red record button after a minute or so.

On the remote press 126 to watch CH4-HD and press the record button again.

Now press 109 on the remote to watch BBC2-HD, press the pause key. You should be able to pause this third channel. If you can't re-create the above you have only one working lnb connection.

| Tue 18 Feb 2014 23:44:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Honey

When I try to record the 2nd channel 126, there is a 'no signal' message on screen. Does that confirm one of outlets is not working? How will I know which one?

| Wed 19 Feb 2014 0:04:12 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Honey - 7 hours ago  » 
    When I try to record the 2nd channel 126, there is a 'no signal' message on screen. Does that confirm one of outlets is not working? How will I know which one?

Well I'd say the one connected to tuner 2 (SAT IN 2)

| Wed 19 Feb 2014 7:42:01 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

As Gonzo says. At a guess you now have the socket marked 2 connected to tuner 1 in. If this is correct, leave this cable in place and remove the other one. Your box should work just the same as it does now. Power off the box and switch the cable at the wall box so socket 1 now feeds the box. If your box no longer works then the socket marked 1 is faulty.

| Wed 19 Feb 2014 10:24:37 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.