My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No sound

(126 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Tune the PVR to a SD channel. Try both volume controls for the TV and for the PVR - look on screen for any mute indication from either.

| Fri 27 Dec 2013 13:15:30 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mark412

Volume controls go up and down but there is no sound, until you reboot the box

| Fri 27 Dec 2013 13:28:52 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Samnatjoshdan

I agree with mark

The only way to fix is to reboot the hdr-2000t

I have checked every obvious audio setting on both the TV and humax ... nothing fixes it

as well as problems encountered when powering tv off/on ..... I have also had no sound if I power the humax on before I power tv on

I believe it is some sort of HDMI mis-match?? but not sure

Do I have a faulty hdr-2000t ??... probably not. Its probably a software bug. It would have been nice if humax had acknowledged my reported issue, instead of dismissing it out of hand (and blaming the tv).

PS - my hdr-2000t arrived direct from humax ... covered in finger prints. Strange?? Couldn't be a faulty return as it was the just arrived 1TB model?

| Fri 27 Dec 2013 16:49:14 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

markn

Hi,

I have the same problem. On mine it happens when the humax hdr-2000t is on but I've turned my TV onto a different input source (like a DVD player) or I've turned the humax on before the TV. My TV is a Philips 32PFL5322 and I'm using an HDMI connection.

I can get the sound back by doing a cold reset but this isn't possible while it's recording.

Changing volume / mute functions on both TV and humax makes no difference when the sound has gone.

I think this issue has occurred on the HDR fox t2 as well which is what the hdr-2000t pretty much is:
    http://www.avforums.com/threads/humax-hdr-fox-t2-no-sound.1404313/

I have emailed Humax - maybe this is more common than they realise?

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 23:44:36 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruddster

I am connecting to a Sharp Aquos TV and have exactly the same issue.

Humax support have recommended a reset to Factory Default.

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 12:29:18 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Samnatjoshdan

ruddster - 44 minutes ago  » 
    I am connecting to a Sharp Aquos TV and have exactly the same issue.
    Humax support have recommended a reset to Factory Default.

I spoke to Humax Support who blamed my Sharp Aquos TV (LC-60LE651K). The support guy would not acknowledge any problems with the hdr-2000t. "because it works with my sony bravia, the problem must lie with the sharp TV).

I had hoped he would at least investigate my problem.

As it stands my hdr-2000t works with my backroom sony tv and I wirelessly stream SD recordings back to my main Sharp TV. (not ideal situation)

I have not yet spoken to sharp support ... but only because they will likely blame humax.

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 13:23:34 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

fee

Hi

I have a sony bravia as well. i found that when i changed the HDMI lead it still had the same no sound problem, it fixed itself for a while when i switched it off at the wall and back on again.i also did a factory reset.
    so i tried connecting a scart lead and not the HDMI lead and so far for the past 4 weeks it has had no probs.
    so everyone who has the same no sound problem please try the scart lead. it was not a cheap Hdmi lead either that a tried.

| Tue 7 Jan 2014 14:51:55 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

My TV is a Sony Bravia and I too have problems with the sound disappearing. Thankfully all I have to do is turn the TV and Humax to standby, then make sure that I bring the TV out of standby before the Humax. Then all is well again.

| Wed 29 Jan 2014 15:34:17 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruddster

Colirv - thanks for the tip. What happens if you are recording something at the time?

I find that turning them both off and back on again does not solve the issue because the Humax does not fully power off in this circumstance.

| Wed 29 Jan 2014 15:38:57 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Never tried it, but I imagine the same as you.

| Wed 29 Jan 2014 16:05:10 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.