1. Start instant record
    2. Power of Humax
    3. Wait over 1min
    4. Power up Humax
    Usually comes up with sound to TV via HDMI

| Sun 8 Feb 2015 14:00:34 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BenH

The same problem - intermittent loss of sound despite working well for some weeks from new. Sometimes no channels have sound, sometimes only HD. If I switch the (Sony) TV to Digital rather than HDMI, I can get sound on SD only of course. Now some recordings have no sound, its getting worse.

I had a previous Humax box with the same TV and all worked well but the new Humax is causing the problem.

| Tue 17 Mar 2015 16:00:37 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

markn

I've stumbled across a solution for this accidently. Not sure if it will work for anybody else but it does with my Philips 32PFL5322 TV.

I recently bought an HDMI 3 way switch because my TV only has two HDMI inputs and I needed a third. I just happened to put the Humax and another device into the switch and discovered I have no sound problems with the Humax anymore.

This is what I bought:
    Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3x1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher)

| Mon 23 Mar 2015 23:28:19 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

I haven't got your box, I have a HSR1000S and a 9300T and both are OK but I have heard of certain TVs being a problem with teh HDMI connection, especially with the TV switching the box off and the box switching the TV on.

So would one of these HDMI adapters with pin 13 disconnected be the answer to your problem, I suspect that your HDMI switch box would have this pin disconnected.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lindy-HDMI-Less-Female-Adapter/dp/B00DL48KVI&tag=blusas008-21

| Tue 24 Mar 2015 11:02:14 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

Sorry, my typed in HSR instead of HDR

| Tue 24 Mar 2015 11:03:15 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blobfishery

Having the same infuriating problem with loss of sound via HDMI to my Samsung LE32B45OC.

When I switch source back to the Humax after using my Apple TV, Xbox or Blu-Ray Player, all sound is lost. On all channels. Powering off for 30 seconds or so then re-booting (initiating the boot up screen etc.) fixes the issue... but only until I switch source again. I have never had an issue of this sort with any other kit, including my Humax 9300T.

I have tried everything (I think) and still no resolution. Here's a list of what I have tried:

-Swapping HDMI cables (multiple)
    -Updating Humax Firmware
    -Searched Samsung firmware update - none available
    -Tried all HDMI ports
    -Manually disconnected (with tape) the 13th Pin

All to no avail.

Are there any other suggestions of what I might try? Are Humax aware of the problem, and therefore a future firmware upgrade may fix the issue?

Otherwise I am going to have to return the box, which would be a real shame as, apart from this issue, I really like everything about it and have been using Humax for years now. It's such a let down by them, they really need to own up and fix the issue!!!

| Wed 25 Mar 2015 1:31:57 #26 |
  7. Gort

Gort

You could see if RCA cables work (phono cables), as described in my post about this annoying issue in another thread. It's worked for me for some months without the problem returning. Still, it depends on whether your TV can support an HDMI and RCA connection at the same time. Mine does, but not every TV does.

| Wed 25 Mar 2015 2:07:43 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blobfishery

Thanks Gort, I'll try that. But will it mean switching settings on the TV/unplugging the RCA Cables every time I switch source?

| Wed 25 Mar 2015 22:05:38 #28 |
  9. Gort

Gort

Well, on my TV, a Sony Bravia, I have two HDMI ports (one is port four, the other, which I've connected the Humax to, port five). My port five has the ability to take the video from HDMI and the audio from RCA ports at the same time (it can also be HDMI only, too). My other ports, HDMI, Scart and others, are not affected by the RCA connections, as they only apply to my port five, so I don't need to remove the RCA cables at all when changing sources.

Again, this depends on your TV and its abilities. Some will allow both HDMI and RCA at the same time, but many can't do this. Still, with that proviso, I thought it worth mentioning, as it worked for me.

Good luck.

| Wed 25 Mar 2015 22:20:12 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Blobfishery - 21 hours ago  » 
    Having the same infuriating problem with loss of sound via HDMI to my Samsung LE32B45OC.
    When I switch source back to the Humax after using my Apple TV, Xbox or Blu-Ray Player, all sound is lost. On all channels. Powering off for 30 seconds or so then re-booting (initiating the boot up screen etc.) fixes the issue... but only until I switch source again. I have never had an issue of this sort with any other kit, including my Humax 9300T.
    I have tried everything (I think) and still no resolution. Here's a list of what I have tried:
    -Swapping HDMI cables (multiple)
    -Updating Humax Firmware
    -Searched Samsung firmware update - none available
    -Tried all HDMI ports
    -Manually disconnected (with tape) the 13th Pin
    All to no avail.
    Are there any other suggestions of what I might try? Are Humax aware of the problem, and therefore a future firmware upgrade may fix the issue?
    Otherwise I am going to have to return the box, which would be a real shame as, apart from this issue, I really like everything about it and have been using Humax for years now. It's such a let down by them, they really need to own up and fix the issue!!!

I had this issue until this week and the reason for my problems is because I WAS USING A HDMI SWITCH, rather than going direct from 2000T to the TV. So the issue with mine was solved by doing the opposite to what Markn found worked for him.

I have found occasional issues with audio break up when viewing a HD channel, oddly enough nearly always BBC News 24, despite signal strength being 80% and quality 100%. This has been an issue with this box since day one.

When it happens I toggle to the TV's tuner as a validation check and that's always working fine. I think I've made this comment before that I'm of the opinion the 2000T is built to a price point and is not as good as the previous models that have gone before.

| Wed 25 Mar 2015 23:09:32 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.