My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

No sound on HD channels

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

barnfieldbob

Hello all,
    For the last couple of days I've not been getting any sound on any of the four HD channels, although the picture seems to be OK. All the other channels are working fine. Also, if I try to watch a recording made from an HD channel, the picture plays for a few seconds, stops, and a message "The channel is scrambled or currently not available" pops up. All recordings I've tried from non-HD channels play back without problem.

It would seem that something is going awry with the encryption / decryption process. Does anybody have any ideas?

Bob

| Fri 8 Nov 2013 0:03:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

barnfieldbob - 12 minutes ago  » 
    It would seem that something is going awry with the encryption / decryption process. Does anybody have any ideas?

Have you tried putting the box into standby, waiting for the disk to stop spinning, turning off the power, counting to ten and then turning the power on again.

| Fri 8 Nov 2013 0:16:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

barnfieldbob

Doh! Why didn't I think of that!

Thanks, Martin, that sorted it out. Any idea why it would have done it, though? I've had the box for nearly five years now, and I've never seen that behaviour before.

Bob

| Sat 9 Nov 2013 12:31:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

barnfieldbob - 6 hours ago  » 
    Thanks, Martin, that sorted it out. Any idea why it would have done it, though? I've had the box for nearly five years now, and I've never seen that behaviour before.

I don't know for certain but the suggestion has been made that the box manages to get confused about the encryption keys which are held in hardware. I have seen this on the Freeview HDR-FOX T2 and it happens to us about once a year.

| Sat 9 Nov 2013 18:46:32 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.