My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Not booting up

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ArranP

Hi can anyone help. Sometimes I go to watch tv and my Foxsat doesn't boot. I get nothing on the screen except for the blue light. Have tried the usual turning all off leaving overnight then plugging all back in. Any ideas? Also tried taking batteries out of remote.

| Fri 15 Nov 2013 22:12:44 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

What blue light?

| Fri 15 Nov 2013 22:29:04 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Looks like the HDMI handshake that some TV's have when booting when the box is recording. The latest firmware seems to have created some problems.

The blue screen is a symptom of a failure to enable HDMI handshake.

On my kit the problem appears to appear when the TV is switched on when after a recording has started or is in the pre 15 minutes period for accurate recording.

There are a number of ways of trying to cause the TV to repeat the HDMI handshake.

Switch channels on the box by pressing the channel up/down button.

On the TV select a different input and re-select the right input.

Before the latest update (with CEC support) never had any issues.

It's rare for my TV not be on and tuned to the box, I have experienced this once. Need to try some testing

| Fri 15 Nov 2013 22:55:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ArranP

Thanks for that advice but unfortunately have tried turning over on the box itself and changing input selections as advised but nothing . It must be faulty . The blue screen on the actual Foxsat HDR box i mean not the tv. The tv is stuck on channel 5 but won't shift because no read out on Fox box . I thought these were meant to be one if the best Free sat boxes on the market. Looks like I'm gonna have to call Virgin and get reconnected for TV . Thanks anyway. Ps anyone want to buy a 6 month old FoxSat HDR box !

| Sun 17 Nov 2013 19:03:04 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

ArranP - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for that advice but unfortunately have tried turning over on the box itself and changing input selections as advised but nothing . It must be faulty . The blue screen on the actual Foxsat HDR box i mean not the tv. The tv is stuck on channel 5 but won't shift because no read out on Fox box . I thought these were meant to be one if the best Free sat boxes on the market. Looks like I'm gonna have to call Virgin and get reconnected for TV . Thanks anyway. Ps anyone want to buy a 6 month old FoxSat HDR box !

If the front display shows nothing and the front panel buttons do nothing then there is not much left to try - disconnecting the hard drive being one. As it's only 6 months old - I would send /take it back to the retailer.

| Sun 17 Nov 2013 19:22:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

ArranP

Yes, if you are selling, I might be interested - what's the price and your location ?

When you say sometimes it doesn't boot, what is the ratio of good boots to bad ?

Thanks

Dino

| Sun 17 Nov 2013 19:27:44 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.