My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

"Not connected to the internet"

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Calomax - 5 minutes ago  » 
    It's now working. Thanks for your patience and all your help Graham. In fact, I couldn't remember my router login so I reset it, so it seems as though it had somehow changed from DHCP and resetting it put it back.

Result

The router IP address and login password may be stuck on the router. It will most likely the one given to your Foxsat but having a one(1) as the last digit. Entering this into a web browser should login to your router. Default password is usually Admin.

| Tue 18 Nov 2014 15:43:54 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Calomax

Thanks again. I didn't realise login was the IP address. Sorry,you asked how it was connected. It's not so important now but it has an Ethernet cable to a router extender.

| Tue 18 Nov 2014 16:26:00 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Calomax - 1 hour ago  » 
    It's not so important now but it has an Ethernet cable to a router extender.

What is a router extender? Do you mean a network switch?

| Tue 18 Nov 2014 17:40:25 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Calomax

It's a device that picks up the Wifi signal from the main router and transmits it on to parts of the house that are out of range of the main one. It also has 4 Ethernet sockets. I use 2 of them for the Foxsat and Apple TV. Mine is a Netgear Universal WiFi Range Extender WN2000RPT.

| Tue 18 Nov 2014 18:19:32 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Calomax

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 

Calomax - 5 minutes ago  » 
    It's now working. Thanks for your patience and all your help Graham. In fact, I couldn't remember my router login so I reset it, so it seems as though it had somehow changed from DHCP and resetting it put it back.

Result
    The router IP address and login password may be stuck on the router. It will most likely the one given to your Foxsat but having a one(1) as the last digit. Entering this into a web browser should login to your router. Default password is usually Admin.

Thanks again for all your help. The login is on the back but the user name is admin and the password is password. Anyway now that I've been able to log in, I have changed its name back to what it was before. So all's well all round now.

| Tue 18 Nov 2014 19:11:34 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.