My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Not recognising series record

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SueM

Hi. Hope someone can help. Since performing the channel update in early September, my Youview box doesn't seem to spot that some programmes I want to record are part of a series. For instance, I have to set it to record Downton Abbey (yes, I know!) every week. However, with some programmes (I think it's the ones where there's maybe a repeat later in the week) it does ask me if I want to record the entire series. I never used to have this problem. I believe the software is up-to-date, as I did a version check and it said I had the latest version. Any ideas?

| Tue 30 Sep 2014 20:23:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi,
    I don't have a DTR-T, but my freeview box had no problems with Downton series recording.
    A factory reset, without formatting, normally sorts out a lot of niggly problems. We're due a retune Wednesday 1st October so if it were my box, after noting my schedule, I'd do a factory reset sometime Wednesday early evening if convenient.
    I'd then check to see if there were any channels in the 800 range and if so it would mean the box is tuned to more than one transmitter and this could explain some of the problems.
    If you put your postcode into this:
    http://www.ukfree.tv/starthere.php
    it should show your local transmitter, channel numbers and mux information.
    I'd then set a couple of test series recordings as soon as and as short as possible to double check that all's well.
    Let us now how you get on, hopefully all will be well after a factory reset. If there are still problems let us know if there are any channels in the 800 range and also which series recordings are failing as the information comes from the broadcaster and they don't always get it right; however Downton should have worked

| Tue 30 Sep 2014 23:55:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SueM

Thanks for the info. I'll do a re-tune tonight and see if that sorts out the problem.

| Wed 1 Oct 2014 8:03:48 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SueM

Hi again. I can't find an option to do a factory re-set without it deleting all my recoded programmes. I've done a re-tune to see if this would fix the problem, but it hasn't. It doesn't recognise series record on Doctor Who and Downton Abbey for instance. I know for sure I can pick up channels from 2 transmitters - London, and South East - but then I've always been in this situation and didn't have a problem until the channels were moved around in early September. Any more suggestions would be gratefully received.

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 16:15:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Sue - have you tried a Maintenance Mode reset? That gives options which keep your recordings. Instructions at http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-1370864319647

Choose the instructions for your model as they vary a bit.

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 17:08:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SueM

Yeah! I didn't know Maintenance Mode existed. The problem seems to be fixed. Many thanks for your suggestions. I guess I'd better bookmark that Help page! Thanks again.

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 19:21:41 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.