My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Notice. Please wait for receiving broadcast information.

(24 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can anyone tell me under what circumstances the following occurs.
    When in Guide while receiving broadcast information an attempt to set a recording results in "Notice. Please wait for receiving broadcast information."

Reported by a DS poster who also mentions that receiving broadcast info remains on screen for 40 secs - a good 10 secs more than my box. Could this be a poor freesat transponder signal?

| Fri 27 May 2011 10:31:19 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

As the OP to use manual tune and select the Freesat home transponder and post sig strength and quality.

My box says 11427 H 27500 2/3 (for some bizarre reason others report their box says 11428)

In my case currently reporting 90% sig 100% quality. Dry but overcast conditions.

| Fri 27 May 2011 10:45:41 #2 |
  3. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

REPASSAC - 8 hours ago  » 
    Reported by a DS poster who also mentions that receiving broadcast info remains on screen for 40 secs - a good 10 secs more than my box. Could this be a poor freesat transponder signal?

This new feature really hacks me off! I don't know why they've changed it to behave this way - I bet all to do with Freesat+ data changes!!

When we're waiting for something it does seem to take longer than it actually does - the poster need to time it with a watch and not just guess. Having said this, I've experienced that sometimes it seems to take a lot longer than 30secs!

| Fri 27 May 2011 19:08:05 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Please, what do you get if your folllow Grahams advise?

| Fri 27 May 2011 21:26:34 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Way back in the stone age a certain poster named Barry spotted that the mysterious stuck receiving programme information was cured by the simple expedient of a freesat tune

Sadly the stone tablets were lost in a cataclysmic eruption resulting in the total loss of massive amounts of data from a certain source

Some of us ancient readers remember this advice from the sage and find it still works in AD 2011.

I have not experienced this problem, but I rarely press guide anyway. Only after a factory reset to populate the epg or to check a posting. The last time I checked with a stop watch it took 28 seconds on V1.00.15.

However there does seem to be some evidence that V15 might have some sort of problem with the download time of the full epg (possibly signal related).

I will try a few timed tests tomorrow

| Fri 27 May 2011 23:15:03 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The OP reported that receiving broadcast info was on screen for 42 secs.

He reports freesat signal "fluctuating, but generally 90% Strength and 30 - 40% quality.

C4Hd, the strength is 100% but the quality is only 20%. Often the signal lock is lost altogether and then both strength and quality drop to zero.

Some of the other EB streams, neither my SKy HD or HDR will lock on to the signal at all. I have checked the dish alignment, but that is not easy because I can't distinguish between the two satellite locations with my cheap meter.

I am confused as well because the signal strength might be 100% but the channel is still unwatchable."

| Sat 28 May 2011 7:02:32 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The 100% signal is most likely mainly noise. If you look up the skew settings for your location for EB1 and Astra 2 and try setting the lnb about midway. Then tweak for max quality.

http://www.dishpointer.com will give you the numbers.

Just a guess may be the hdr is downloading the epg twice to recover the corrupted bytes as a result of the poor signal quality.

Just repeated the test I did the other day (result 28 seconds) it took about 45 seconds. Signal now 100% quality 90%. Another theory bites the dust.

Repeated test after a freesat retune with same result.

Is there now something different about the epg, does the boxes on V1.00.13 still only take around 30 seconds (one for Barry :-))

Why did my box on V1.00.15 only take 28 seconds a little while ago ?

For reference CH4-HD currently 90/90% with rock steady readings

| Sat 28 May 2011 10:08:48 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I also think it is poor signal quality - shew being suspect. 30% quality is right on the edge. GT - will pass back your comments to the place you no longer post on.

I wonder is Barry knows what circumstances an attempt to record from the guide results in "Notice. Please wait for receiving broadcast information."

| Sat 28 May 2011 10:22:24 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I get the message as well, just tried for the first time in eons to set a recording while the guide was downloading. I have never seen it because I always use/schedule red anyway.

Presumably it's what V1.00.15 does for some reason.

| Sat 28 May 2011 11:07:10 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

GT - Just checked my box - which was recording earlier. I get it as well so I guess it must be a 1.00.15 change. I was very surpised that I had not seen it before as I had 1.00.15 since it was first on the beta site.

| Sat 28 May 2011 12:05:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.