My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Old Freesat Humax to connect to new Humax

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

CrazyCom

Hello MyHumax forum,

My dad have purchased the new Humax Freesat HDR-1010S 1TB for lounge room and he gave me the old unit which is FOXSAT-HDR for my bedroom which I can catch up on Coronation Street. The problem is I don't really want to connect to satellite but notice that FOXSAT have a Ethernet connect which I could connect them, but I'm not sure if I could pair those so I can keep recording those of programs that I wanted to watch for such Coronation Street. I'm not really fan of ITV player because of those commercials and also lack of access on IPad app as I'm profoundly deaf and rely on subtitles.

So I was wondering if I could connect to new one streaming on programs that I wanted to record for such Coronation Street and some sitcoms such as Badults (IPlayer is fantastic but haven't got time to watch them all as I were so busy with my work)

In my room I have only aerial connection but I'm already aware that satellite can't connect to aerial because it rely on satellite.

| Thu 25 Dec 2014 21:16:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

CrazyCom - 1 hour ago  » 
    he gave me the old unit which is FOXSAT-HDR for my bedroom which I can catch up on Coronation Street. The problem is I don't really want to connect to satellite

Sorry but connecting it to the dish is the only option. The Ethernet port won't do what you want with this specific pair of Humax boxes.

| Thu 25 Dec 2014 23:07:27 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.