My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Olympic Channel Recordings

(149 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Muzer

bellringer65: Yes, BUT there is already a new version of the custom firmware out (courtesy of raydon of course) that you can install right now to avoid disruption: http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/27857354/file.html

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 19:51:20 #111 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellringer65

Thanks - I've downloaded that. Unfortunately I'm not in work where the 3 boxes are until Wednesday - will have to get a colleague to make sure they don't take the update by leaving the boxes on and setting updates to manual then install the custom firmware later

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 20:12:58 #112 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bellringer65 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks - I've downloaded that. Unfortunately I'm not in work where the 3 boxes are until Wednesday - will have to get a colleague to make sure they don't take the update by leaving the boxes on and setting updates to manual then install the custom firmware later

There's no way to set updates to manual, leaving it on 24/7 should do the business.

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 20:21:09 #113 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robin

Have now installed Custom FW 4.0.8

Many thanks to all involved in getting this update out so quickly.

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 20:22:47 #114 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ywgttw

I have just joined this forum specifically to say THANK YOU for the great info which helped us fix this problem.
    We have been looking forward to a couple of the more obscure sports which never get airtime but we love, and were gutted that they hadn't taped, so we're chuffed we'll be able to record them after this download.
    It's easy to get a bit blase about the internet, but five minutes surfing and we've been able to solve a problem with help from people all over the country.
    So thank you everyone who posted and therefore made it turn up in my search, and especially to Barry for the fab info.
    You lot rock.

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 21:38:53 #115 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Flashed custom firmware 4.0.8, everything back as it was.

Recording Tests In Freesat Mode.

Record two HD Streams from same transponder (151 157) - watch and pause any other channel including other streams - PASS

Record two HD streams from different transponders (151 152), watch any other stream sharing a transponder with either recording - PASS

Record any channel plus one HD stream - PASS

In non Freesat Mode (after reboot).

Record two HD streams, transfer .ts to PC (ftp) and rename. Play back using PC Media Player (Splash Pro) - PASS

Well done Humax.

One for Repessac if he happens to read this (or anyone else with any ideas).

After messing about recording SD streams in non-freesat I'm left with 0 length .htm with the usual dagger characters.

Deleting using ftp appears to get rid. Using the Media list shows the file is still present. Back to ftp sure enough the blighters back again. Tried renaming and then deleting, still come back.

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 11:01:59 #116 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Reboot your box then try deleting again. I think that will sort it.

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 11:19:28 #117 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

wielanpj - 17 hours ago  » 
    Minor typo in Raydon's 4.0.8 - The readme refers to 1.00.20, should be 1.00.21?
    Well done, and thanks to all concerned.
    Phil

Thanks Phil,
    Typo now fixed.(was in too much of a hurry yesterday just to get the update released). New link is HERE.
    Admins: I can't edit the link in my earlier post. Can you change this for me please, and update your local site copy also.
    Thanks
    raydon

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 11:28:22 #118 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

peter5638

Like, I suspect , very many others I am highly delighted that the problem has been resolved.
    Congratulations and many thanks to all who have worked to achieve this, and in a quick time.
    I hope that all will receive medals for their work - not just the first three!!

I only became aware of this forum through trying to find something out about this problem, but will now keep in touch with it as I realise its potential and value.
    Regards PETER

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 11:50:30 #119 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

raydon - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Reboot your box then try deleting again. I think that will sort it.

Thanks Raydon, in fact just the reboot required.

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 11:57:02 #120 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.