My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

OnDemand Channels

(4 posts)
  1. Orbling

Orbling

Hello,

I have a new (March 2012; v1.0.0.20) Foxsat-HDR, and am having issues getting the OnDemand channels to work.

I've seen a few threads for these sort of problems, but most seem to have been claimed to have been resolved by past updates - so I thought I would post a new thread to see if there are any new issues.

The box is networked via a HomePlug/Powerline connection, I have not tested the throughput on it, but the software reports about a 60% rate (of 200Mbps) with no dropped packets. The box correctly uses DHCP to get an IP, I have a pool, so it is getting an external IP, no NAT to get in the way. iPlayer asks to press the red button, but if you do the screen goes blank and nothing happens from then on, presumably forever. ITV Player does not ask anything, but eventually returns a 10001 code. The Box Office 365 appears to work, if red is pressed, after a short time a login screen is presented. I have not registered for the service so cannot say if it goes further than that. I have another Panasonic box on the same connection, iPlayer also does not function in a similar manner from that, though YouTube is available on it, and that works just fine, so the connection must be stable.

So, my questions are:

1. why does the Humax produce a blank screen on iPlayer failure, deeply unhelpful.
    2. Anyone know any way to resolve this issue? Are there potential firewall issues, ISP issues, anything else known to affect the service?
    3. If I install Raydon's software is that liable to hinder/resolve the issue?

Thank you for your time.

| Mon 7 May 2012 20:17:21 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can't answer A.
    B. Possible name server problem?
    C. Would make no differece (except would give you telnet access to the Foxsat where it will be possible to use stanard commands like tracert and nslookup.

| Tue 8 May 2012 11:20:09 #2 |
  3. Orbling

Orbling

Thank you REPASSAC, I will try changing the nameserver to use the Google Public DNS, see if that makes any odds. On Raydon's software... I imagine that will invalidate the guarantee on the box? It was purchased from John Lewis, so has a 2 year, annoying to void it. Or is it easily removal? Mind you, I imagine the primary concern would be drive failure, then removal is a bit tricky!

| Wed 9 May 2012 13:09:34 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Yes - Just delete the /opt structure and then flash the Humax firmware from their website (I think that 1.00.20 is only on the beta site at present)

| Wed 9 May 2012 16:15:27 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.