My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

One programme set for recording but get two!

(7 posts)
  1. grumpybrush

grumpybrush

Donator ££££

I have a series record set for Panorama for it's Monday transmission BBC One HD. This past week I had two recordings for the same programme recorded. I had not changed the settings for series record. One programme had a TV station ID of BBC1ScotHD the other BBC1HD. Although technically I live in the East Midlands, I am close enough to Manchester so that my BBC & ITV coverage covers programmes in the North West.
    Anybody got any ideas? I have double checked my settings so will be watching what happens this coming Monday (7th April)

| Sat 5 Apr 2014 17:06:53 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

There were changes to regions, I think, last week, which added new ITV regions. This has resulted in some surprises for some.
    Perhaps you can now also vote in the forthcoming referendum.

| Sat 5 Apr 2014 18:17:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I have experienced this frequently in the past. It is caused I believe by the BBC having the same CRIDs for the same broadcast from 2 different BBC regional channels. So I have got BBC1 Scotland and BBC 1 HD. Broadcaster problem, not the box.

| Sat 5 Apr 2014 19:14:33 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Firstly are the two recordings identical. This generally happen when different content is aired between BBC Scotland and BBC England. Basically they get different programme crids because they contain different content. If no other programme clashes they both get recorded. Otherwise a hard to explain programme clash is generated. Sometimes this is down to the same series is broadcast a week behind in Scotland. Often the only way to resolve is delete the offending region from the high channel numbers.

| Sat 5 Apr 2014 20:09:45 #4 |
  5. grumpybrush

grumpybrush

Donator ££££

grahamlthompson - 13 hours ago  » 
    Firstly are the two recordings identical. This generally happen when different content is aired between BBC Scotland and BBC England. Basically they get different programme crids because they contain different content. If no other programme clashes they both get recorded. Otherwise a hard to explain programme clash is generated. Sometimes this is down to the same series is broadcast a week behind in Scotland. Often the only way to resolve is delete the offending region from the high channel numbers.

Yes the two programs are identical. I think the track other contributors have made about the crids is what must have happened. Many thanks for all the replies though.
    This is my first exposure to satellite broadcasts as Freeview in this area has a relatively small number of channels (less than 20 I think) and of course when I got my Viera TV the one channel I wanted is not received in this Freeview area, hence the move to Freesat.

| Sun 6 Apr 2014 9:44:30 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you schedule Mondays BBC1 HD Don't Take My Car, you should also record Thursdays Don't Cap My Benefits as the BBC have given this the same series CRID

Attachments

1. screen_2014-04-06_11.40.46.jpg (48.6 KB, 5 downloads) 9 years old
    | Sun 6 Apr 2014 10:46:33 #6 |
  7. grumpybrush

grumpybrush

Donator ££££

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 
    If you schedule Mondays BBC1 HD Don't Take My Car, you should also record Thursdays Don't Cap My Benefits as the BBC have given this the same series CRID

Thanks for that - it was already marked for recording so I guess that is as it should be. I'll put the original issue down to the recent channel reorganisations.

| Sun 6 Apr 2014 14:31:28 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.