My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

other satellites

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kooga

good morning

i purchased a hdr 1010s last monday and have it set up.

my questions are can i get other satellites on my humax box in non freesat mode. naturally I have astra 28.2 but in addition 19.2 is on the same feed going into my box so is it possible?

is there a secret menu on the hdr 1010s

thank you

| Wed 25 Jun 2014 10:58:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I see you have a comprehensive answer to this on another forum.
    When you read an online mag like this...
    TELE-audiovision
    ...it is surprising what you can get in features/facilities at a very competitive cost vs Humax.

| Wed 25 Jun 2014 12:14:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

macbaz85

I would love to find an answer to this question in relation to the HDR10002. I have tried emailing Humax support for an answer but no response.

| Sat 30 Aug 2014 15:29:05 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I don't think anyone has tried, nothing reported anyway. Yes there are 2 secret menus, discovered to date. Access is the same as on the Foxsat. Not much you can do on the Antenna menu (when I last looked). Some features on the standard menu, much as the Foxsat.

What you don't mention is how you switch from 28.2E to 19.2E DiSEqC? If so was it connected on setup?.

| Sat 30 Aug 2014 16:49:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

macbaz85

It was not connected for two satellites at initial setup.
    I was hoping for a similar facility to the one I have with my other receiver (Humax Foxsat.
    I tried the hidden menu (RGYBGYB) but it does not come up with the DiSEqC option.
    It is hard to believe that Humax dispensed with the Foxsat facility when introducing a newer model

| Sat 30 Aug 2014 17:12:36 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I noticed the antenna menu did not include a DiSEqC option but had seen a comment that it should be detected on setup.

No idea if it will be added, if you are interested try a factory reset and see if any functionality.

I imagine if you have a way of manually switching a non-freesat scan will pick up the channels.

| Sat 30 Aug 2014 17:56:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

macbaz85

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried the factory reset with my two LNBs and switch in place. After which the installation went as predicted. However, at no time did I even find an Antenna menu. What sequence of operations did you use to get that menu?

Thank you for your interest.

| Sun 31 Aug 2014 13:15:09 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

To get the Hidden Search antenna menu, highlight Transponder and press RGYBGYB. Last time I looked (It can trigger a retune) there was nothing of interest there (as yet anyway).

| Sun 31 Aug 2014 15:24:16 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

macbaz85

I hope that you are as delighted as I am. I have explored the settings menu and your advice brings up a selection of satellites and DiSEqC options. Cannot wait to try a full setup tomorrow. Will keep you and the rest of the forum posted but I am very confident that you have found the answer.
    Thank you so very much

| Sun 31 Aug 2014 17:37:06 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Please also post if there are any others options such as SCR.
    Would look but SWMBO has a long recording schedule. As much info as possible please.

The secret menus are in the same place as on the Foxsat.

| Sun 31 Aug 2014 17:52:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.