My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Panasonic to adopt Freeview Play

(23 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Panasonic introduced freeview freetime into some TV's last year, I have a 32inch bought in late Apr.

| Tue 3 Mar 2015 21:24:52 #21 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Barry - 40 minutes ago  » 
    Panasonic introduced freeview freetime into some TV's last year, I have a 32inch bought in late Apr.

I have two 32" bought in the last couple of weeks.

Brian, I think Freetime was first marketed as 'free time' and was developed by the Freesat team for Freesat. The software, with some tweaks, was made available to Freeview and is now marketed as 'Freetime', one word. I'm sure someone will correct me if I've not got that quite right. Up until a few weeks ago I thought Freetime was only available on Freesat, and so did the salesman in John Lewis.

| Tue 3 Mar 2015 22:11:05 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Biggles - 7 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 40 minutes ago  » 

I have two 32" bought in the last couple of weeks.
    Brian, I think Freetime was first marketed as 'free time' and was developed by the Freesat team for Freesat. The software, with some tweaks, was made available to Freeview and is now marketed as 'Freetime', one word. I'm sure someone will correct me if I've not got that quite right. Up until a few weeks ago I thought Freetime was only available on Freesat, and so did the salesman in John Lewis.

Panasonic have freetime TV's both with satellite tuners and freeview tuners (these work just like a humax freetime box, my Panny has twin freesat(freetime) and twin freeview tuners.

They also have freetime on TV's that only have DVB-T2 inputs (no DVB-S2 inputs).

It caused some confusion when the Panny freetime TV's were announced and when the first models arrived they had no satellite inputs

| Tue 3 Mar 2015 22:24:34 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.