My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Pause/Replay Live TV not working

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

expostie

There have been quite a few reports of problem with no pause or rewind of live tv since the last update on January 7th. I too have the same problem so informed Humax support and they offered reformating the hard drive as the solution. Humax, this is not a solution to fixing a major fault with a fundamental function of the box, but a kop out for not being bothered as it only "affects a few". There words not mine...
    END of QUOTE

If I went in that direction....
    Yes BUT is there a way to preserve my recordings(ie copy to external Drive) as there are quite a few I have not watched yet.(then copy them back) or do I have to lose the lot ??

| Tue 28 Jan 2014 21:19:54 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

keithwarrington

I lost patience and reformatted. It did cure the problem.

| Tue 28 Jan 2014 23:50:09 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

truckerbob

expostie - 17 hours ago  » 
    There have been quite a few reports of problem with no pause or rewind of live tv since the last update on January 7th. I too have the same problem so informed Humax support and they offered reformating the hard drive as the solution. Humax, this is not a solution to fixing a major fault with a fundamental function of the box, but a kop out for not being bothered as it only "affects a few". There words not mine...
    END of QUOTE
    If I went in that direction....
    Yes BUT is there a way to preserve my recordings(ie copy to external Drive) as there are quite a few I have not watched yet.(then copy them back) or do I have to lose the lot ??

Being able to back up any programmes to an external hard drive via the USB prior to formating would be a better solution. There would be no infringement of copyright, as any programmes saved this way could still only be watched back through the box they were copied from...

| Wed 29 Jan 2014 14:45:00 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

yabbaks

I too have this problem. Definitely do not want to reformat the hard drive, and why should I?
    This is something that Humax need to sort out. Maybe "only a few" have reported the problem, but I bet there's a lot more with the problem.

Please Humax - FIX IT!!!!!

| Sat 1 Feb 2014 13:45:49 #14 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

yabbaks - 1 hour ago  » 
    I too have this problem. Definitely do not want to reformat the hard drive, and why should I?
    This is something that Humax need to sort out. Maybe "only a few" have reported the problem, but I bet there's a lot more with the problem.
    Please Humax - FIX IT!!!!!

And have you yourself actually reported it to Humax?

| Sat 1 Feb 2014 14:49:30 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

expostie

I rang Humax up and explained what had happened he did say two option
    1 factory reset (Tried but no different)

I asked about copying to an external USB drive (he replied you can copy to a human But not from it )

So it looks like reformatting is the only option, I will try that in the future
    (A little workaround (though messy ) is to record the prog you are watching then play it in real time but the pause will work for the recording )
    did say messy !!

| Sat 1 Feb 2014 19:31:19 #16 |
  7. martip

Martin

OK; Our HDR1000S 1Tb is also refusing to pause live TV recently. All previous posts list remedies I have tried, excepting the HDD format.
    Emailed UK support today, followed that with a telephone call to support (020 8326 6000 - wait for operator and ask for support)They have advised that the HDD format is the only solution, because it is "likely"to be corruption of the HDD partition used for the record buffer etc. Asked if the problem can be escalated along with the fact that I cannot archive all of the recordings already on the box, and was told that escalation only occurs if ENOUGH people complain. SO, get on that 'phone /email guys and gals.

Martin

[edit] Oooo! Just had a thought (unusually!) We have an old DVR which I can connect, via scart to the 1000S. Maybe I can archive off the recordings to that! OK they won't be HD etc. and it would be a long job, but at least we can watch 'em [/edit]

| Tue 4 Feb 2014 13:42:54 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.