My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Picture freezes on TV

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Feeline

When I attempt to rewind TV, on most occasions the picture freezes and the only way to unfreeze it is to change to a different channel then return to the original one, which then plays normally again.

On other occasions, when TV rewind is pressed, it jumps back in time and appears to have missed the chunk I want.

Sometimes it does work properly!

This only happens on TV and not with recorded programmes.

Please help - keep it simple please, not v technical!

9300T Hardware: REV 1.0 Software: UPTTF 1.00.26 Loader: a4.39
    Linked to Panasonic TV and DVD recorder by scart.

| Wed 27 Aug 2014 17:57:22 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Feeline - 38 minutes ago  » 
    When I attempt to rewind TV, on most occasions the picture freezes and the only way to unfreeze it is to change to a different channel then return to the original one, which then plays normally again.

I would guess that one of the buffers used for holding the data to allow pause and rewind has become corrupted. The easiest fix is to watch any important recordings and then format the disk from the HDD Control menuitem in the Record Menu.

| Wed 27 Aug 2014 18:39:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Feeline

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. As this Hummy is the 500GB version with many, many hours of favourite recordings, is there any other option that we might try first?

| Wed 27 Aug 2014 21:23:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Feeline - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks so much for your prompt reply. As this Hummy is the 500GB version with many, many hours of favourite recordings, is there any other option that we might try first?

You said in your first post that you were not very technical. The only way other way to fix the problem is open the Humax, connect the hard drive to a PC and use humaxrw with the -D option.

| Wed 27 Aug 2014 21:56:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Feeline

Thanks Martin, I think brain surgery would be easier, so I'll stay with your first suggestion for now! Many thanks for your help.

| Wed 27 Aug 2014 22:52:08 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.